1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uni Life

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Anonymous132, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Anonymous132

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've just started university and although this is a very welcoming and accepting area and i'm happy where i am with myself right now and everything, im not sure if i want to join the lgbt+ society or not (GSA for you americans). I mean it'd be great to meet people but i just dont know if im ready to really put myself out there yet. I also dont think im ready to talk to my new flatmates about it all yet :/ any advice?

2. TempUsername3

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Take your time, there is no rush.

Also, with the GSA, there's no rush for that either but you'll probably want to check it out at least once just to see what it's like.

3. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd echo the sentiments of Ariseta above, but I'll also add that joining your Uni's LGBTQ Center in any way/shape/form would definitely be a great experience, and I'm glad I began working at mine as soon as I could. I also know that at my Uni, certain group events and the center themselves can have certain accommodations to protect people from outing, such as closed meetings, have SafeSpaces where outing is banned, and so forth. I'd definitely advise for you to either get involved or at the least visit your center every so often, but like Ariseta said, take your time. You have plenty of time to get involved. :slight_smile: