1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Haircut

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Midori, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Midori

Out Status:
    Some people
    A few weeks ago got my hair cut to my shoulders..it's a bob but the back is a bit shorter than the front. I want to get it cut shorter, like more of an androgynous/'boys' haircut. I guess like..a pixie cut? But a bit shorter. I'd love to get my hair cut like that but my parents both say I'll look like a boy. (Note - it took me four months to persuade them to let me get shoulder length hair/not look like a guy) Plus my mom says having shorter hair will be harder to put up in a wig for cosplay...Any advice on it? (I'd also love to dye it when I'm older too..)

2. Lone Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well from my own experience. When I decided to shave my head many years back, I just went to a haircut place and did it. Because once my hair was gone, my parents can’t really say I couldn’t do it.

I think having a pixie cut or any shorter end cut would be pretty cool and it doesn’t really make one look more like a male or female in my opinion. It is just shorter hair in general is deem more of a boys style in society, but I think why people are so skeptical of cutting their hair is because once you cut it, there is no going back and if you don’t like it you will have to deal with that. I think though shorter hair is trending more these days.

If your parents are worried about you looking like a boy, then they must have their reasons on why they do. For reasons I don't know, but in the end it is just hair and it is nice to mix it up from time to time. You should try to go for what you like if you can. I'm sure it will look good in any way.

Don’t know if I answered your question, but these are just my thoughts :slight_smile: