1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Urgent, Please Help!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by DanDan, Sep 20, 2015.

1. DanDan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi everyone!
    Before I begin, just a brief backstory:
    So, my best friend and I had a falling out back in November. She said a lot of hurtful things to me (and all her other friends), and I had a lot of remorse against for quite some time. A few months ago, her verbally and physically abusive mother kicked her out. She's been going around, with her boyfriend, seeking shelter from friends and relatives since then. Eventually, she tried to reach out back to me, and while I was reluctant at first, I forgave her. I didn't, and continue to not, intend on becoming her bff again, but rather as just a friend. I eventually texted her (since I had not seen her in months) to make sure she was ok, considering she was technically homeless. We talked a bit and caught up, and last time I saw her, she left town with her boyfriend to a relative's home.

Anyways, after being there for her through out all of this, her boyfriend just texted me that he dumped her. He says he had to call the cops because she was not letting him leave, but he eventually managed to grab his things and hit the road back here into town. They were gonna go out to live on the west coast and go to college together, but that's obviously not gonna happen at this point. He texted me to talk to her, and she's obviously very upset. She has to rethink her life at this point.
    The thing is, however, is that I don't want to go through all this drama with her again.
    I'm not in the best emotional state, and to have to deal with all this drama again is gonna take a huge toll on me. I told her boyfriend that I dunno how I can help except for consoling her. She wants me to stay up all night to talk.
    I don't wanna have to go through more excess drama, but I don't just want to ditch her (her bf has done enough of that).
    Please, I don't have anyone else to go to, and my mom will just be like "I told you so" (she figured this would happen).
    What do I do?
    She just texted me saying she'll call in a bit.
    Someone, please reply ASAP.

#1 DanDan, Sep 20, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
  2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Put your oxygen mask first... Think about whether this conversation needs to be done today. She may be calmer after a night's sleep. If you are okay with talking, you could set a time to finish. You could also give a later time when you're available (and more mentally prepared) to talk in depth. In the long run, you probably need to steer her toward some professional counselor since she probably has a lot of things to deal with.

3. DanDan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Update:
    She came back to town and has only one place to stay tonight. She ,ay have something for tomorrow and the day after, but nothing is confirmed. She had no official plan but came back anyways.
    I cant let her stay because my parent wont allow it and our place is too small anyways.
    I really dont want to deal with this.

4. bi2me

Is there a shelter she could go to?

5. DanDan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes and no.
    There is one, but there is an application process. Her old boss, who has been of much help but cant take her in, is looking into it. We don't know whats gonna happen just yet.