1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help: American "college vocabulary"

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Branconegro, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Branconegro

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Good night all!

I´m applying to a College in the US.

One of the documents required is my mark sheet. But, I live in another country and my mark sheet bring expression even in occasions when it didn´t happen to me.

I don´t have any problem to translate most of it, but I´m really struggling with some expressions. So, I´m here in need of some help.

Could someone translate this expressions in US vocabulary?

# when some one complete a class with grades above the minimum grade required?

# when some one complete a class with grades above the required BUT only after a ultimate/final test/exam because he didn´t make the minimum necessary in first time?

# when some one doesn´t achieve the grade necessary in this final exam above and fail to complete the class/course?

# when a student fail in a class because he didn´t attended/show up for the minimum required?

I´ll appreciate a lot if someone helps me. (!):icon_bigg

2. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is there anyone at your school that has helped students fill out applications to US schools in the past that you could go to for advice? You may want to contact the college's admissions department for clarification on what is required. A mark sheet is not the same as a transcript. In the US, transcripts are sent directly from the school to the college in a sealed envelope. I have doubts that they will accept anything that you've translated, because there's no way for them to tell that you didn't alter your grades as well.

3. Branconegro

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi.

I can send the transcript translation. There is no problem in this. But I can´t send the original one.