1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nail polish and earnings and lipstick

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by aussielefty, Sep 23, 2015.

1. aussielefty

Hi guys, I have been thinking a bit , at least at home..
    to try out some nail polish,earnings and lipstick ..
    not sure if you can buy non pierced earnings or not ?

how do I go about nail polish , is it easy to put on and take off?
    like if i wanted pink nails one night then have to go to work or some where next day can they be un done if you know what I mean.?

thanks, wasn't sure where to post this...

2. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, it's possible to wear earrings without having your ears pierced. You get clip-on earrings. And as for the nail polish: You can remove it with nail polish remover and cotton wool. It's fairly easy to remove. Or you could use pure acetone, but rather go with regular nail polish remover, it's not as strong, and usually perfumed, so smells nice too :slight_smile:

3. aussielefty

thanks , is nail polish quick to get off ?

4. Ruby Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, it's easy and quick. As quick as you can move your fingers, lol. Drag the nail polish remover-covered cotton wool over your nails in quick succession and the nail polish would be off before you know it. I hope you will have lots of fun with it :slight_smile:

Oh, and don't worry if you get nail polish on the skin around your nails. You could either use an ear bud dipped in nail polish remover to gently remove it from your skin, or even a toothpick while it's still wet. If you don't do either of those though, then it will just rub off on its own, as you go about your daily tasks, especially if you're washing your hands often or doing the dishes :slight_smile:

5. ilovesg

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't know if you have Claire's where you live but I've seen a lot of clip on earrings there. Nail polish is pretty easy to take off, depending on the color. I wouldn't use pure acetone it is really harsh, I would use regular nail polish remover. Lighter colors will be easier to take off and the less coats you do, the easier it is also. have fun!

6. aussielefty

no idea on that shop here in australia...

what colour do you use when with nail polish,
    I kind of want to use pink, or green or blue,..
    any one go out with nail polish on ?

7. Anonymous

So when you are buying your nail polish, make sure you go for the pricier stuff. This is because the more expensive brands will be easier to remove and also don't stain your nails. I prefer Essie and OPI. Also buy a base coat. It's like clear nail polish, only it protects your nails from the harsh chemicals in the paint. You just put on a layer before you put on the colour. An if you want darker colours then you are gonna want to use a base coat or you will risk staining your nails. Regular nail polish is easy to remove with a cotton ball soaked in nail polish remover, but chuncky glitter is damn near impossible, so if you want to be able to quickly take it off I would stick with pure paint. And remember to moisturize after you take off the polish to keep the nails from getting to brittle!:slight_smile:

8. aussielefty

thanks every one , now what do I do with lipstick ??

9. Ruby Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't really have experience with lipstick, but as far as I know, it's not that hard to remove, depending on what you use. If you use a damp wipe or cloth then it should come off pretty easily, but you could also use a tissue or piece of toilet paper. It would work best when damp though. After applying lipstick, you should "kiss" a tissue or piece of toilet paper, to get rid of excess lipstick. Your lips should look fabulous afterwards :wink:

I'm not exactly sure how to enhance the look. Maybe with some lip gloss applied on top? Also not sure how to make it stay on for longer. I'm sure there's a Youtube video on it somewhere, or someone else - who actually wears lipstick - can give you better advice/tips.

I hope you'd have tons of fun experimenting!

10. bassboss

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lip stick is easy to put on and remove i personally prefure a brush and not the type that is like chap stick mostly because it drys and don't smear it is a tiny bit harder to get off but I think it's worth it you should try both and see what you like if you use the brush like I do I suggest that for the bottom lip go side to side and for the top lip go up and down it makes it easyer to only get your lips and not make it look rushed or smeary and for taking it off the simplest way is to get a makeup removal wipe there easy to take with you and work just like a wet wipe but if you don't have one and you need to take it off like the person obave me said wet paper towel or toilet paper if you are in dier need to take it off you can just wet you finger and rub it off this won't get all of it but it can fool some people hope I could help

11. aussielefty

thanks all, its going to take some courage to buy this stuff and then use it at home

12. Anonymous

Ok so for lipstick your gonna want to start with some light pinks and tans because itll take some time to get used to applying it to your lips perfectly. Practice makes perfect, and my advise is for a more natural look to embrace your natural lip shape and not create a new one by drawing with lipstick. I like rimmel because its cheap but you still get nice colour, and the body shop also sells some good ones that are a little stickier so they last longer. Also for removing, lighter colours can usually just be taken off with a little water, but dark colours will need makeup remouver to not "stain" the lips (the stain fades after like a day but if you needed to be somewhere quick youll wanna romouve it properly)

P.S. lipstick is probably my favourite makeup!

13. aussielefty

id love to have the guts to wear nail polish at least when out but not yet..

14. aussielefty

hey every one , I just saw at my local shopping center
    they sell stick on painted nails , in different colours,,
    has any one tried these out? wonder if I should give that a go
    to see if I really want to paint my nails

15. scxred

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You could try using fake naills (press ons from claires) and instead of using glue, just use blue tack and that way you can easily remove it.. or you could buy nail polish and nail polish remover so you can quickly remove it

16. aussielefty

I'd love to buy the expensive ones but just can't afford it