1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Can't Stay Away From My Best Friend ...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by alrightyeet, Sep 23, 2015.

1. alrightyeet

alrightyeet Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi, I have a problem:
    I have a few best friends and there is one I have started to get more affectionate with. Her name is Mya. It's kinda weird that I haven't got this with any of my other friends but Mya would sometimes come over and kiss me on the cheek or hug me. This started around 3 months ago.
    Now I literally can't stay away from her, I'll always be going up to her and playfully kissing her on the nose or cheek or jumping up on her from behind and hugging her, even sitting on her knee at lunch.
    Mya never really acts straight, in fact I have never heard her talk about guy crushes (she actually talks about girl celebrity crushes) but I feel she might be getting a little tired of the constant affection I give her.
    She could be straight but I think I have a crush on her, but I don't want to scare her away. She has always been so nice to me but I now find myself resisting the urge to hug her in case she gets creeped out, and that can be the hardest thing ever.

I don't know what I should do about this? I want us to still be friends. :icon_sad:

#1 alrightyeet, Sep 23, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  2. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One question: how does she act when you are affectionate around her? Does she reciprocate? If so, then you can probably keep on going with it.

It's the hardest thing to figure out if someone likes you (especially same-sex)

What are her views on the LGBT community? Is she homophobic?

Ah, your story reminds me so much of me and my friend..mine ended happily though, we are girlfriends.

3. alrightyeet

alrightyeet Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    She is okay with it, and isn't homophobic at all.
    I just don't want to feel like I'm creeping her out by being too affectionate. :frowning2:

4. metalchick

I know what you are going through, I went through this a bunch of times in school and recently :frowning2:

I think that's a good sign what you said about it being reciprocated, I guess just feel her out for a while and maybe something mutual will happen

I wish you luck :grin:

5. alrightyeet

alrightyeet Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual