1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel so alone, feel like the media is portaying gay or bi, as 2nd class citizens :(

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by metalchick, Sep 24, 2015.

1. metalchick

I just recently started admitting im bi (at the very least) to my family and to myself. Sometimes I'm okay being this way, and becoming more confident. But when I see so many bitches and sons of bitches on tv trying to keep us from having equal rights, I show so much anger, but truly feel a lot of hurt feelings. I always feel like when someone puts a gay person or a bisexual person, down they are talking about me, whether they know me or not. This is still extremely raw for me, and I have some mental illness I'm addressing at the same time. I am lucky enough to have 2 people supporting me. But Sometimes I feel so alone, like I literally have no one to really talk to about this, because no one I know has been through what I've been through, or knows how it feels to be born gay or bi. I've constantly fought my whole life to not be like this, and tried so hard to be so nice, to cover everything up, or almost like to make up for it.

When I hear someone saying we're going to hell, that literally breaks my heart. It's just not fair, I've always believe to treat others as you want to be treated, and did so, and I refuse to think I'm going to hell, after many years of trying my best to do the world good.

I just feel so alone, like I just want to not let anyone in anymore, because I can't stand the thought of another person shunning me.

Idk how to not be so sensitive about this, just about any little remark sets me off. I guess its where its still raw for me.

I usually don't care what people think, but this is extremely personal to me.

I feel like I constantly have to defend myself, even if people aren't talking to me, it feels like they are.

I know if some one calls me gay slurs I'll be sarcastic and say "Thanks!!"

but if someone tells me im going to hell or its a choice, I don't know a good comeback

I want to be able to be confident and to defend myself, without so much thinking involved :/

I still feel guilty for being this way sometimes

I hate kim davis btw lol

It's just that I try to let that stuff go, but It's all over the tv and all over the internet, and other people sticking their noses where it doesn't belong

I just am having a rough day today

Like I and everyone in our community is being treated like 2nd class citizens, when they have no idea what we're fighting for :bang: :eusa_doh:

2. Kellian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Re: I feel so alone, feel like the media is portaying gay or bi, as 2nd class citizen

Not everyone will like you, it's a simple fact of life, but never let them get to you. They have a problem with gays, bi, ect, because we don't have the need to reproduce like they do, because two females or two males can't get pregnant. Their mad because we are together for love, not the simple fact of having kids. All you need to remember is some people hate you for being you, some love you no matter what, you just have to find the people who love you and not give the other people the time of day. And you have us on EC to help you! :grin:

Oh and a good come back for when people tell you your going to hell: "I go there every Saturday night to play poker, you should come, but careful I'm on a winning streak!" Say this with a smile, freaks out people who tell you that. ^-^ (Yes, I'm evil, I know. >:3)