1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to just be myself?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Rainbows~Exist, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Rainbows~Exist

I'm having a really good time in college (for now anyway) and everything's going great expect for the social aspect of it. I have made some new friends but I feel like I'm becoming the 'quiet one' in the group, something that I do not want to become again. I really want to be more involved in the conversations but when I think about speaking my heart rate rises, I get shaky and tend to keep my replies quite short. I hate it. I have so much to say but it feels like I physically can't just let go and be myself around them. Due to this I'm having paranoid thoughts that they're starting not to like me and it's really damaging my confidence :frowning2: my only problem is starting to speak. When I'm in the flow of talking I'm fine but initially I feel like a blundering mess who comes across as boring...

I guess I just want some advice on how to relax in social situations and on how I can express myself.

Thanks guys (*hug*)