1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does it really get better?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by CL1990, Sep 26, 2015.

1. CL1990

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I feel like from the media we are constantly told that things get better and i keep questioning myself if that is just empty words to ease the pain that every gay,bi, lesbian goes through...

I am currently in the closet and i feel a bit lost in it to be fair...i am definetly attracted to woman (always straight ones) and on rare ocassions i met guys that i have a crush but really never take it to the next level (with neither men or woman)

I try to picture myself in 10 years time and it gives me anxiety as i currently fell at a dead end with my sexuality and cant even imagine how it would get any better if im extremely scared of my feelings and what they will lead to...

2. GayBoyBG

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Most LGBTQ+ I know of, aside from the internet, tell me that it gets better and I've seen it get better. :slight_smile:
    Don't despair and try not to over-think/ predict the future. Wish you all the best ~

3. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The belief that it will get better is powerful in itself. Think optimistically as much as you can, and it will make you feel less lost.

4. CL1990

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank for your kind words, it might seem like something stupid that i get confort from the advice of strangers (maybe that is a reflection of how lonely i feel... :S

5. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Have a hug as well! (*hug*) Hope it is comforting. <3 It's not stupid!

Things have gotten better for me in the last months alone, I can tell you that. My mind is much clearer, even though I still have depression.

Look forward and love yourself and things will order themselves according to how they best fit into your life.

#5 Invidia, Sep 26, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2015