1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't feel right.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Canterpiece, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a teenager, but despite this I've never been through any "phases" before, or at least not drastic ones. I feel like everyone else around me has been through some sort of teenage phase and I haven't. People say that going through phases in our lives help us build up character and personality. But I just... feel one dimensional, like there's nothing interesting about me and I even bore myself sometimes. :lol:

I almost feel like just going through a phase so then I can say I've gone through a phase in my teenager years. :confused: If um that makes any sense, just so then I can say I've done something ya know?

Kinda like a mid-life crisis except the whole middle aged part, what on Earth is my life? (!)

#1 Canterpiece, Sep 26, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
  2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There's no one right way to grow up and become an adult. That said, there's nothing stopping you from trying out things that seem interesting but require effort, like a hobby or sport.

3. Monraffe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When we reach we sometimes fall. When we love we also hurt. When we allow ourselves to laugh more we unexpectedly find ourselves crying more as well. Life is dangerous. Death is the ultimate protection from life. It is a great irony. Being still is like death, equally to it in safeness. If we never give our opinion no one will ever laugh at us. If we never open our hearts no one can ever crush us under their feet. And so, we paint when there is no one around to see our artwork. We make music when we are sure no one is listening. There is always time to stay safe. Aspirations know no age. There is always time for one more journey. Which path should you take? Choosing excludes all others at least in this point in time. Choosing is the death of aspiration. Never asking means the answer will never be "no." Never asking keeps aspiration alive. Options stay open, perhaps for an eternity. Being still is like death.

#3 Monraffe, Sep 26, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
  4. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Damn, that was deep. So your saying that if I don't do anything, I might as well be dead whilst I'm alive? I suppose that's one way to look at it.

---------- Post added 27th Sep 2015 at 11:56 AM ----------

True, and I tend to forget this sometimes. Yeah I've been meaning to get involved with something really.

#4 Canterpiece, Sep 27, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
  5. blueshadedsoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I understand what you mean. x) I don't have much advice, but yeah, getting a hobby or something different to be involved in might help. Social anxiety gets in the way for me, I don't know if you have the same problem, but it really holds me back from trying new things. But anyway, you could give it a shot. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6. Monraffe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, not really, I'm not passing judgement, just pointing out the similarities through poetry. It's supposed to be felt, not analyzed. You seem very intelligent and that can work against a person sometimes. While others are going through all kinds of phasiology trying to figure themselves out, you have the ability to glide on by, navigating the still waters. One of the worst experiences a person can have in life is chronic boredom. And that's saying a lot. Though you obviously know this you are even now trying to find a solution by analyzing the problem. Stop that! For once in your life do something without thinking about it...just for the experience.

#6 Monraffe, Sep 28, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  7. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :lol: Yeah I do tend to have a bit of an over analytical and literal mind. Thanks, I'll take this into consideration. Wait, does this count about thinking about it? Damn it, I did it again!:roflmao: But in all seriousness, thanks for the advice. :slight_smile:

#7 Canterpiece, Sep 29, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2015