1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High school is lonely...jealous of straight people

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by SneakyNinjaPowR, Sep 27, 2015.

1. SneakyNinjaPowR

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am extremely lonely. When I am at school I am lonely. When I am at home I am lonely. Even when I am with my two best friends I am lonely. I have never even kissed someone, held someones hand, had any sort of intimate connection with ANYONE. It's all because I am gay.

I've had the chance a few times to have a girlfriend, but I knew I didn't want that.

I've never had the chance to have a boyfriend. Not one guy has ever wanted me. I've wanted some guys but they were all straight.

In contrast, if I was straight I'd most likely have had at least 2 girlfriends at this point. I'm fairly confident in myself and I would ask a girl out if I was straight. The ONLY reason I haven't had a boyfriend is because I don't know who is even available. My school has no GSA or anything like that. I know of no other gay/bi guys at my school, not one. If a gay guy showed up then I would ask him out even if I didn't know him beforehand. My school has 900 kids and there isn't even any gay guys. I am basically the only one. Straight guys can just look around the hallways to find whichever girl he wants. I would have to go up to every guy in the school and ask if they are gay. Then chances are, they would all lie to me if they were.

It's the most frustrating thing ever. Both of my friends have had plenty of girlfriends and are no longer virgins and they are 1 and 2 years younger than me. I am 18 and never kissed anyone. I know people who had their first kiss at 12! Why is it I have to be 6 years behind the rest of everyone. I am just so fucking alone in this town and this whole state!

If I could take a straight pill, I would do it now with no regrets whatsoever.

#1 SneakyNinjaPowR, Sep 27, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
  2. Spirits

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I feel you bro,(*hug*)
    There are 1700 smth students in my school , 700 of them are males and none are gays (except for me) and even if there are any , no one will admit it, obviously.
    I never had a boyfriend and I've never kissed anyone before (I would kill for a kiss)

But, like my girlfriends told me , you have to hang in there , until you leave High school, it's just a matter of time.
    I assume you're a senior as well, so you have to put in mind that you will stay in High school for just few more months (7/8 months) and then you will finally be free of that fake "small world"

University is a wonderful place , where every one can express themselves , so you will sure meet your special some one there <3

Ps: I wish we were at the same school , I'm sure we could have been BFFs or maybe you could've been my BF :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: who knows lol

3. andimon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh my God! Excepting the age (which is fairly close) I'm going through every single thing you wrote up there.

And you know what? Screw relationships for now. Have fun with your friends. Build the rocks you will fall onto when you get out of your first relationship. Befriend people who support LGBT rights and you have many things in common with. It's so funny (and relieving) to have at least one person you can be honest with. I'm talking about boys with my girl BFF so much and it makes me happy and confident having her beside me. If I were straight she'd be the love of my life, and you know what? It's even better to have her as a friend.

I'm not going to say that we're strong and independent and we can live without guys, because we can't. We'll go through that dating and love phase of our lives sooner or later. But in order not to feel chained and bound to that person we need friends. True friends. Always.

Hugs!

#3 andimon, Sep 27, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
  4. Kinky

Kinky Guest

I'm 22 and I haven't had a first kiss yet. Hi :smilewave

5. SneakyNinjaPowR

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do have friends and it is great, but then there's that moment when I look at my best friend and just wish that he was gay too. Or that time when he is with his girlfriend and I think why can't I be her or why can't I be like him (straight).

I came out to everyone I know pretty much through Facebook which was really hard to do. and the ONLY reason I did it was because I wanted someone to come to me and say they are gay too or that someone would hook me up with someone else they know. I am so frustrated with online dating. All the guys live 30+ minutes away and I can't drive yet. The only ones who message me are 30+ in age. Most of them are superficial and only want sex. And then there is no gay meetup/support groups near me at all. It's like I live in a dark hole with no gay people.

6. mangotree

Hey Sneaky,

I think we all feel what you're going through.
    The loneliness, the stuckness, the fear perhaps that nothing will ever change. Things always change though.

The chances of there being no other LGBT people in your school are pretty slim, is there a reason that there's no GSA?
    Statistics estimate 10% of the population to be LGBT and even the strictest anti-LGBT groups admit to there being at least 1% (meaning between 9 and 90 students in your school).

Just a thought...
    Even though you seem to be pretty close to finishing high school, is there a teacher or someone you can talk to about getting a GSA started? Even if it were just you and your friends who were in the club initially, it's at least a start.
    Imagine it being the legacy that you leave behind when you move on. A way to be remembered by future students.
    I can totally understand if you're not confident enough to do something like that, but you're out of the closet and from what you've said - it seems to be a pretty safe place to be out - so that's an amazing start and you should be congratulated for that.

Peace be with you (*hug*)
    mt

7. SneakyNinjaPowR

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The reason there is no GSA is because no one went to it. They had one my sophomore year, but I didn't go.... I mean if I did all that work to start a GSA and no one went except for me and my friends, it would suck. I don't think people are comfortable going to GSA even if they are gay, for fear of being outed. That's why I didn't go.

8. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Same kind of problem here. I just keep telling myself that I need to be more patient. Life is full of opportunities, and you're not even out of high school yet, so you've still got a long road ahead of you.

But yeah, it's hard seeing all your friends go on dates before you...

9. MrSkittles

I know this feeling to well. I just focus on my school work and meeting new friends(even though im very awkward and very shy.) I know a guy will come into my life one day and that will happen to you. Someday you will meet a guy :slight_smile: it takes time.

10. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

As bizarre as this may seem, here's a life pro tip:

When you want somebody in your life, it doesn't always happen. A lot of people can sense/feel that desperation, and it turns them off... well, those seeking a healthy relationship. Manipulative or self-destructive folks love when you're desperate; it's all the benefits without any of the commitment, basically.

Even if you are the kindest, smartest, best person in the world... in the beginning, and sometimes even during... if you come off as desperate, people won't see you in a romantic light. They'll see you as dependent and not what they'd like in their lives, as somebody strong, independent, and handling business.

When you don't go looking for it, suddenly, folks flock to you. But you have to make yourself also a little available, let them know you're available, and things take off from there.

Finally, if it helps, I'm a little over 29 years old. Never kissed on the lips, only had my first cuddle this past winter, and I've yet to have sex. I've been on dates, for all intents and purposes, but never had a relationship. But the reason it doesn't work for me, isn't the same reason as yours. Yours, I believe from what you have shared, seems to say you can remedy your situation.

11. mangotree

Sorry to hear that.
    It's really hard to be patient when you see everyone else easily dating and falling in love with each other. I wish I could tell you something to make you feel better about it.
    The truth is - finding love gets easier for some LGBT people, and for others it stays the same, but it rarely gets harder.
    Try to hold on to hope if you can.

12. SneakyNinjaPowR

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know it will get better eventually. But I don't know if I can wait that long. This is making me really depressed since yesterday. I've had mental problems in the past, and this depression just came back when I was with my best friend who I basically have a crush on now, and I started thinking about how I can't really be with him ever, and that brought on my loneliness feeling and lead to me being depressed. Then when I'm in that state everything just falls apart and I start hating my entire life. Just two days ago I was very optimistic about the future and everything, but now I am pessimistic about everything. It could be the bipolar my psychiatrist thinks I have. I didn't think I had it till now. I have been taking anti-depressants for 2 years though, which don't help when I'm like this. I don't know what to do or how to stay safe. Sometimes the pain becomes unbearable and I have to hit things in the house (like the wall.) All this is coming back and I don't know why.

13. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Life does get better but waiting for that hypothetical time can be hard. Sometimes everything seems dark for reasons that are impossible for us to see. Have you considered talking to your psychiatrist about how you're feeling? Is there anyone else you can see, like a counselor at school, just to talk to?

It might help to try remembering what you were optimistic about. If negative thoughts creep back in during this, redirect your mind onto more positive things. Make a list of all the things that you like in your life, even if they’re just really simple.

There are a lot of people—gay and straight—that don’t start dating until later, for one reason or another. It may seem out of the ordinary but people never talk about the things they’re not doing and that gives a false perspective on how common things are. Odds are there are other gay or bi guys in your school, but if they’re out it’s not beyond their circle of immediate friends. I’m sorry that your school didn’t maintain a GSA. What about a semi-local chapter of PFLAG?

14. TheBiBoy

TheBiBoy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I concur on all these above posts. I am bi which in a sense means that I can have both lol but obviously not at the same time! I would say just embrace your life and once you are happy with it who cares? Maybe you think a lot of people would care but trust me ignore them. Anyway at the end of the day you are who you are, not a person defined by influences of other. Keep a good positive mental attitude and someday you will get there and it would be definitely worth it! I have only ever kissed girls but I always think about men so it is much more than just the odd fantasy.

Good luck and take care,
    TheBiBoy