1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General anxiety, advice needed

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Jax12, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You know when you really want something, you'll do everything you can to get it? That's where I am right now, but at times I feel like I'm not doing enough.

I'm going for lifeguards soon, but I have the tendency to do things fast, which is not that great in many situations (hence why I want to make guards now as opposed to later). It's much better to do it right as opposed to getting the fastest time.

What exactly am I afraid of?
    - I won't make it
    - I'll screw up (both in guard comp and in real life situations)

Anyone have some calming advice to deal with my troublesome anxiety? Do I lack patience or something?

2. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Used to have the exact same issue as you. Be the first to get stuff done, do things quickly, watch the clock, etc etc etc. I wish I can say I have eliminated it, but I have actually been able to manage it and use it for my advantage when necessary.

Unfortunately, i go to this point through trial and error. A lot of screw ups and mistakes rather than actually calming down.

Wish I had better advice.