1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Christian and Lesbian? PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by questions4ever, Sep 28, 2015.

1. questions4ever

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Okay,

So I became a Christian a couple years ago, and it's really important to me. However, I can't reconcile that with my current feelings. I don't want to miss out on God's plan for me. But I personally can't really see why being gay would be wrong. And it never really mattered until recently.

I've had some minor crushes on boys, but they were more of obsessions than anything real. Usually short-lived and soon after I would be appalled at the idea. Now I'm in high school, and all of the guys just annoy me. I've had a couple lesbian dreams in which I was into a girls, but had never really though too much of it.

Recently though I've started noticing girls, it's totally different then how I've ever felt about guys. I really like this one girl, but she's way older than me and probably wouldn't ever like me. Anyway, it's all really confusing and I would love any helpful and considerate advice.

If you're Christian and lesbian please give me some bible verses! :icon_wink

2. Willa

Hi! I'm a devoted Christian married to the woman of my dreams who has also committed her life to God. We have a beautiful Christian marriage. We bring each other closer to God every day.

Think about this: The bible verses that supposedly condemn homosexuality are in the Old Testament, which also condemns things like eating shellfish. That's because science was not yet developed and these things were dangerous to public health and safety. Homosexual sex, especially anal sex, spread untreatable diseases because there was no protection, and lowered the human population which at the time was a serious problem because there weren't a lot of people to begin with. People hadn't yet figured out how to do things like devein a shrimp, so if you are shellfish, you got sick. It was more like a PSA than anything. But now, we have condoms and dental dams to keep us safe from sexually transmitted diseases, and our planet is so grossly overpopulated that we are putting children up for adoption. It's no longer an issue of health.

Also, Jesus says in the New Testament that the old law is dead, that His word is the new law of God, and that LOVE is the fulfillment of the law.

3. questions4ever

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    First of all thank you this is really encouraging! :grin: That makes total sense to me. My question would be what about the New Testament passages 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, 1 Timothy 1:9-11, and Romans 1?

4. TempUsername3

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Pause.

Not all of the old laws are "dead" simply just the ones that Jesus cleansed. (My biblical knowledge is a little rusty but that's what I've been raised with.)

I think most of the homophobic bible verses were in the New Testament anyway. (Given that there isn't many to begin with.)

@Questions4Ever: The Lord loves you beyond anything anyone can imagine. He was there when he created you. He created you the way you are now. There are more verses condemning other sins than there are condemning homosexuality, I'd personally worry more about wearing cloth of 2 threads or eating shellfish more than I would about something I can't control.

5. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In the letters to the Romans, Corinthians and Timothy, Paul was addressing very different audiences, in very different situations at very different times. Paul was certainly not addressing an audience of educated, 21st century Christians. That's the first thing to remember.

The second and very important point to remember is that sex was then (still is) used as a weapon to suppress and subjugate dissent. Conquering forces would sexually assualt the conquered to instil fear into them and some warriors would take younger men as slaves and use them for sexual "perversions". This isn't a matter of speculation and conjecture, but a matter of historical fact and it was in that climate that Paul wrote his epistles and addressed issues of sexual immorality. He was not talking of sexual relationships that are consensual and based on love and commitment, but an aggressive and domineering use of sex that most reasonable people would find repellent.

We must take all of these facts into account before naively or dishonestly quoting passages from the NT out of context. To suggest that Paul was addressing issues like same sex love and marriage is utterly ridiculous.

We must remember that Jesus reserved his greatest criticism for the Pharisees who piously adhered to the letter of the law in complete ignornance of the higher message and purpose. We should ask ourselves.. who are the modern day Pharisees and are we paying too much attention to them?

6. heyKittie

I am a Christian and bisexual. I love God, but I'm also in The process of accepting myself as bi. I know that god loves me, and he still has a plan for me, but I believe that part of that plan is me being bisexual. You know you can't choose your sexuality, and that's okay. God still loves you and has a plan for you. I consider myself a Progressive Christian, basically I support lgbt rights and more liberal stuff. I hope you find some good advice. :slight_smile:

7. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Hi! I'm semi-religious and Catholic. I always had mixed feelings about the church teachings on homosexuality and the way I felt. I was worried the way I was was wrong, but then I watched this video that changed my whole way of thinking. Seriously, if this video didn't exist I'd probably be even more confused and stressed about all this right now.
    It's this talk this man gives about all the parts of the bible that talk about homosexuality. He did very extensive research and found that between all the translations/historical context the bible was written with, it's actually not quite so black and white.
    It may seem hard to believe depending on what you have learned and heard, but I highly recommend watching the video. It helped me so much and I think it could really help you to feel better about all this.
    It's long but I really recommend watching the whole thing, it's worth it:
    [YOUTUBE]ezQjNJUSraY[/YOUTUBE]

I wish you all the best of luck and I hope you can gain more clarity on your feelings and beliefs and that above all you can accept yourself the way you are (and the way God made you.)<3
    (*hug*)

8. questions4ever

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you guys so much! It's just incredibly to tell someone and get some support!

9. bassboss

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm Christian and gay I'm both extremely committed and I even volenteir at my church and both of them don't interfere with each other and not to be mean to anyone but anyone who says that God hates gays really doesn't believe in God all that much or is using God as an excuse to be mean to gays simply because they are homophobic beciuse if you believe in God then you would know that if you truly are Christian they you would be live in the new testomat because Jesus got rid of the old one and not to be mean but anyone who says God hates gays is actually refuting to jewdism because they believe Jesus was just a man and there for his reforms we're not valid I hope I didn't get to off topic but what I'm trying to say Is God loves gays. Best of luck

10. aussielefty

I used to go to church, and at the time was in the church music band, and was fearful that if they ever found out I was sleeping with men at the time, (about 10 years ago)
    I would have been booted out.. I'm still debating about me and God these days..
    feels like he's moved on to some one else..and its a constant inner struggle..
    and still coming to terms with myself being gay ..