1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In relationship crush advice...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Adamfreakinant, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Adamfreakinant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello again Open Closets,

I've had great advice come from this community in the past, let's do that again!

Okay, so I'm/I've:
    • 25 years old
    • In a stable committed relationship for ~4.5 years
    • Struggle with depression and anxiety
    • Lost a decent office job of 2 years
    • Started my own company that has yet to be successful

Here's what's going on;

My boyfriend (Daniel) has a crush. We'll call him Sam.
    Sam is an incredibly attractive young STRAIGHT guy.
    He's Daniels best friend's, best friend.

Now, I know Daniel having a crush on Sam isn't inherently a bad thing. He can have a crush on whoever he likes, it's biology. My problem starts when Daniel starts text messaging Sam things that I find inappropriate. Daniel like to flirt with Sam in these convos and it bugs me.

I KNOW Daniel isn't going to cross a line physically. I know that it's just 'fun' for Daniel to flirt with a hot straight guy; but it gets me all worked up thinking about hypotheticals...

I can't help but think about the 'what if' and 'I must not be good enough'.

I've talked to Daniel before about how I don't like the flirty messages or semi-secret conversations. I'm not going to invade his privacy by going through his messages and seeing exactly what's being said (been there, never going back).

I need to know how to talk to Daniel about it without coming off as accusatory... :bang:

Any ideas?