1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

aesthetic/sensual attraction for my roommate

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by KaySee, Sep 29, 2015.

1. KaySee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I got a roommate a few weeks ago.

She is very casual about her body. Towels off after showers. Lounging naked. Underwear out. Showing me a few hickies. Conversations on how comfortable thongs are.

Granted, I don't care about the actions, more that I had to make up an excuse, to my grandmother, mother, and aunt about why they could not come and see my dorm room at that moment, while my roommate lounged naked on her bed.

But that is not the real focus, because now I can call ahead.

What the real issue is, is that she looks nice. Hot, good figure, toned, and really sensual. I am so aesthetically and sensually attracted to her that it is sad. I'm 99% certain on my asexuality, but staring at a naked person is hard to differentiate from lust from an outside view. I honestly don't mind it all, but eventually she is going to notice me covertly appreciating her. I could explain now, or then. Or get some self-control and stop looking at her.

Maybe she will understand? It is not like she is an awkward person. What do I do?

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's a reason so many ancient statues were naked. People appreciate the human body, lust notwithstanding. You're allowed to admire her without it being weird. :wink:

3. KaySee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm okay with admiring her, and I thought of that point, though thanks for enforcing that point. It's just hard to get people to understand that without things getting weird and awkward.

4. STM29

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First of all it sounds pretty nice how you talk about her :slight_smile:
    I don't think that there is anything wrong with looking at her and admiring her.

Well ofc there is the possibility that she could take notice of it sooner or later.
    When you talk to her and explain the situation, I think she will understand it. But there is always the possibility that she doesn't react super positive like you want her to react. Maybe it will make her feel uncomfortable and things get a bit awkward. But who knows. It's up to you if you want to let her know or not.