1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to get a job that can support me financially with little skills I have?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by TyTy91, Sep 29, 2015.

1. TyTy91

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So almost a year ago I lost both my jobs and I had to move in with my parents. Ive been taking classes online. Ive had 1 job opportunity but it didnt pay well at all. Also if I did get something my parents would say dont take it its not worth it.

So uh just an hour ago my dad asked me to sit down and then started yelling at me about me being on facebook sharing my lifestyle and I was so confused because I didnt know where he was coming from I dont have relationship, I never even had sex before. I dont go out to clubs, I never been to a gay club before. He just doesnt like the fact that Im gay.
    At this time I just asked him did he have anything else to say what he really wanted to say to me. At this point I will take all the "punches" and not say anything back
    Then my mom came into the house and I over heard him talking to my mom that Im crazy and what I said to him and that I was the reason why he was yelling.

Then just an half hour ago my dad ask if I wanted pizza? lol I simply said no thank you.

Im the idiot for believing that one day they would accept me. I'm wrong.

Called me out of my name all that. I barely can talk and to explain myself of me finding a job but every time I would find a job my parents would have something negative say.

I just need to know what to do. I dont have a job and need one that I can support myself with, I don't have any great skills that can get me a good job. I don't have any close friends that I can talk to and be a roommate with.

Just a few seconds ago my dad knocked on my door again and he just told me that one of our family friends (who haven't seen in a long time) but had died by committing suicide. Today is not a good day.

#1 TyTy91, Sep 29, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
  2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! I am sorry that you are going through such a tough time, and that your dad is behaving in the way that he is. It certainly isn't fair to you. (*hug*)

Getting a job, so that you can start saving some money and become financially independent sounds like a good idea.

What would help in giving you some suggestions is to know a bit more about you. What was the last job that you had? What courses are you taking at the moment, and what have you studied before that?

3. crazydiamond

I am also looking for a job, but without having gone to college (it's a long story, but I'm not in a good position to be going to school now), it's nearly impossible to get anyone to take a chance on me. So I feel you.

4. Really

One suggestion I have is to find a big company and start at the bottom. This is not just for movies. :slight_smile:

I used to work at a big company that contracted out its food services. One day I noticed the chef delivering the mail. Double-take! And then sometime later he was working in HR. Weird route but obviously there was something he wanted to do and his circumstances allowed it because of where he was.

Even if the pay is low, there will be benefits and opportunities. Got to start somewhere, right?

5. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What are your interests and passions?

getting a job is 10 times better if it is in a field you feel strongly about

what jobs have you had in the past and what did they work/ not work??

6. zuice

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You can sign up with job service and get a free job counselor. Job Service is the local government run job finder provider. Once you have a job counsellor, he or she will assist you with finding a job and career training for increased wages and job satisfaction.

7. Lone Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I also agree to this. I've know a few people who have done this method and it's been a gold mine for them. It's not for everyone, but being apart of a big company has it's perks, no matter what you're doing. Work and save now, so you can leave later.

If you want to find something you love or a place or business you love, try and see if there is anything available. I say this, because I always feel like you should love what you do no matter what, so try and find something you like as well.

Just look at this as being only temporary and things will turn around. It just takes time, okay. :slight_smile: