1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I meet people my age??

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by anonymous cat, Oct 1, 2015.

1. anonymous cat

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello!

I'm a sophomore in high-school and for a while now I see myself as gay. I've become really really lonely lately, and want to find someone I could talk to or have a relationship with but I can't seem to find many gay males at my school let alone my grade level. I can't really sense when people are gay.

I was wondering how to tell if someone is gay or what to say to someone I like seeing, I've never been in a relationship in my life.

Thanks! :kiss:

2. questions4ever

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I totally feel you! Unfortunately, I don't have any good answers, but I'll be interested to see what others will say ... <3

3. bassboss

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As I understand your in high school and from what I know from my high school you may have an lgbt club in your school if you don't know if you have one than talk to the school principal or someone else who knows a lot about the school. Best of luck

4. Spirits

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hmm , Idk if this will help , but I will share with you how I started to meet LGBT people :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    I even met 2 gay men , 1 of them is my best friend now^^ , and the other is a still a bit introvert so I don't know him much yet :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Anyway,
    All I had to do is be myself,
    Dress the best way possible,
    Say whatever I want,
    and talk with people!
    Every one loves a conversation started, so just start a conversation with any one.
    I mostly start conversations with girls :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: cos they're usually more open minded.
    Also , try to find some LGBT around , Bi and lesbian girls are easy to find , cos they're more courageous than men when it comes to coming out , just be friends with them.
    and they will invite you to hang out with them , and obviously! since LGBT mostly stay together you will find a man or two.

PS: I'm still in the closet , So most of the people I know (including some LGBT people) still think that I'm straight, but girls gossips help with making it easier for me to meet with more LGBT xD.

5. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    does your school have a gay straight alliance? if so, go and meet people who are LGBT and straights who are accepting.

6. guitar

Unfortunately until you're out of highschool, you're kind of stuck. A lot of people don't come out until after highschool and because only 5-10% of people are gay anyway, that really limits your potential dating pool. Once you leave, there's college with a way bigger dating pool and you can join dating sites at 18.

Like others have said, join your school's GSA if there is one. Are there lgbt youth activities in your area? That's a great way to meet people. Or is there an lgbt Facebook group locally or something?

A friend of mine came out around grade 10. Even though he was teased quite a bit for being gay, everyone knew. As a result a few questioning/closeted kids latched onto him because they knew he was gay.

Btw, not sure if you're much of a reader, but 3 highschool gay novels I really enjoyed were Boy Meets Boy, Simon Vs the Homo Sapiens, and Openly Straight. All 3 deal with teen dating. Simon was my favorite of the three & it was written for kids in 2015 (they use tumblr and iphones for example)

#6 guitar, Oct 2, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2015