1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

coming out

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by pe4chmilk, Oct 2, 2015.

1. pe4chmilk

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    this is sorta difficult to explain but i am getting my hair cut on christmas break and i wanted to come out over christmas break as well, to my family and school. i just don't know if i should wait because 1) i do not want to ruin this year's christmas 2) I DO NOT WANT TO RUIN CHRISTMAS! but i am very tired of being someone that i am not. i guess this wasn't as difficult to explain though
    - a very conflicted, 13 year old trans* boy

2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would urge you to reconsider the idea of coming out at Christmas. Christmas (and holiday times generally) are very busy as families come together to celebrate, catch up and connect and most people are preoccupied with lots of other thoughts and ideas at these times. If you introduce conflict on these important days you will probably upset people and stand accused of ruining the holidays. It might be better to wait a few more days, until the main event is over and all of the anxiety and expectation has passed.

3. FootballFan101

There is a fourm for this called coming out advice