1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asking out a guy (first time I do it!)

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Rice and Pepper, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Rice and Pepper

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is a gorgeous guy I met a few weeks ago and I really want to date him! I don't know if he is gay, to be honest I don't really mind if I ask him out and he says I am gay. I don't think he will be nasty and out me (even if he does, he will do me a favor). So, I am planning to ask him out.

The thing is, I have never been on a date, I have no idea how to ask someone out in a cool way. I am from Greece, however I just moved to Boston and he is from Louisiana, so I also have no idea how a good date would be for him (or for any other American).

How do I ask him out without being cheesy? Where do I take him? What's a logical time to go out? I was thinking of going out for a drink, but then what kind of drink, what do I talk about in a date? If not, what would be a fun activity for just the two of us? And something very important, if I get rejected, what do I say?

2. Serperior

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Ask him if he wants to go have coffee so you guys can talk and then casually ask him if he has a girlfriend while getting coffee together. That way he doesn't think you're asking him out on a date but doesn't think you aren't interested either. :wink:

3. ConfusedguyZZ

If you dont try you will never learn... so Ask him for a date
    By the way , I am from Greece too

4. Rice and Pepper

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the advice.

To be honest, I don't mind if he is straight and finds out I am not. I really want to ask him out and I am not planning to run away. The thing is, so far he has proven to be the guy I am looking for, so I don't want to blow it because I am inexperienced.

That's why I need your help! Please give me any advice about asking out and going out with other people.

One important question. In Greece, people flirt using a lot of eye contact. You look at someone and they look back when there is something happening between you two. Is that true in the US too? This has been my strategy so far, but it doesn't seem to apply here.

5. Spirits

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    One thing I learned from having a vacation in US for 2 weeks is that Americans LOVE COFFEE , They worship it , I don't get why xD
    Which means that there's a high chance that he also likes coffee :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    So ask him out for a cup of coffee , have a seat and start a conversation , and in the middle of the conversation just tell him how you feel.

6. Rice and Pepper

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok guys, I managed to get us alone in a room and we had a short nice conversation. My heart was racing, but I pulled myself together and after we finished talking about something, I told him "Hey, wanna go out together some time?". And the answer I got is "Yeah sure! I will tell you if I go out so you come!" And that response was very spontaneous, so I don't know if he really realized what I meant. However, I am sure he saw in my reaction that I did not get the answer I expected. Then he asked me if I am coming on Saturday to an event (all our class will be there) and the conversation went on like that for a while and then he left.

So what I get from that is that my attempt was unsuccessful. However, I don't want to give up yet. I'd like to get a straight answer from him, to make sure he knows that I like him.

What do I do now? It seems that I won't get him to go on a date with me (or go anywhere just the two of us, that is) without first telling him that I like him. Help me please... :frowning2:

7. AlexanderDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not too experienced myself on asking guys out but if you'd be down for trying again, perhaps text him and ask something along the lines of "hey, I was planning on going to get coffee/lunch (idk which you'd prefer) later, and I was wondering if you'd like to come with." That way, you've not indicated that he should bring someone with, and it's not really obvious that you'd like it to be a date. Idk, I'm just throwing out ideas.

8. Acuba403

DON'T USE "SIGNALS"!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT DOESN'T WORK!!!!!!!!!

The best thing to is (In my opinion) is just ask him out, say hey, do you wanna go do (activity) with me?

that's the best I can think of