1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lots of little problems...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Vikkie, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Vikkie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi! My name's Vik and I've got plenty of little issues.

I'm bisexual, but the instant anybody at my little podunk backwoods school hears that, they scream "GAY!" and flee. I also think that I may not really be a guy and that both worries me and makes me feel good. I have never expressed my feelings of being unsure in my gender with anyone, but my friends and the general public know about my sexuality except for my family. If anyone can say anything helpful for me, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

2. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't take too much to heart what your schoolmates say. People either just aren't very educated about bisexuality (and LGBT+ in general), or they think it's all funny to act that way (and it isn't). Trust me, I know people around me who say pretty cringe worthy things about gender and sexuality-my situation may not be exactly the same as yours but I get how you might feel. If they're your friends, you can try speaking to them and explaining to them frankly what your sexuality is, and that it isn't in fact gay, and ask them to stop doing that. Otherwise they're just some immature people and there's no point wasting energy on them- it's not worth your time. However I do get that "just ignore them" isn't the most helpful thing and doesn't always work. If it gets worse or if you're really bothered by what they say and all that, and I don't blame you if it at the very least gets on your nerves, you can speak to administration or just tell your friends how you feel and they might offer some support.

As for gender, it's totally okay to explore it slowly at this point. You don't have to be open about it immediately if you don't want to be, or you can tell a friend if you think it might help you- just take time to think about how you feel right now, how you might feel in a girl's body or as a girl, and look into other gender identities such as genderfluid or agender. See if something begins resonating within you. You can also try different ways of gender expression such as makeup, and see how you feel about that. Although gender expression and gender identity aren't the same, it might point you in some direction. Also the Gender Identity and Expression forum on here is pretty good, if you want you can talk about your experiences there more in detail and see if anyone has any advice or insight.

Wish you best of luck. (*hug*)

#2 Alder, Oct 4, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2015