1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

being a lesbian at uni

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by lafemmedargent, Oct 4, 2015.

1. lafemmedargent

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    so basically I just came out before uni and I found it a really lonely time. I didn't know anyone gay at school and when I finally came out I still didn't know anyone. My mum didn't want me to go to a local LGBTQ in case I " changed my mind' and of course I never met anyone just in my small town at home. I tried to join things like tumblr and HER but every girl I thought was nice was 100+ miles away.

So when I came to uni I was kind of hoping to meet more people, but every time I go out, I just see straight couples? I am openly gay now and most of my flat mates know this however I haven't seen anyone even remotely butch or obviously gay. I know statistically there must be some girls that are either BI or gay however It's really starting to frustrate me, I even just got with a guy out of desperation as I just felt so alone whilst everyone else was getting off with guys. I've joined the LGBTQ group but my friend says that it's mostly guys that go to that. So I'm just wondering how I'm ever going to meet any girls when my uni is so full of straight people???

2. Rainbows~Exist

One solution that has worked for me: dating apps. One in particular (I'm not allowed to say its name on here but I'm assuming you know of it) worked extremely well for me. If you get it, set up a profile and set your preference to women then you're ready to go! :eusa_danc

I've talked to loads of bi/gay guys near me on there in a time when I thought there were none. It's great! Plus the anonymity and being able to choose who you talk to is a helpful feature!

Disclaimer: I know I'm sixteen but the app has a system where if you are between 13 and 17 you can only speak to people within this age group

3. lafemmedargent

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    hey I'm assuming that you're talking about the app that begins with T? I have tried that and even met with one girl however she said she had a really nice time but we never spoke again after that. Since moving to uni I have been on it, but have already swiped to the end :confused: and haven't really had many replies

4. SittinInTheDark

Right Now: Minneapolis llll Usually: New York City
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is my constant problem. I came to college expecting to be out and proud and finally get a chance to date the people I want. But I have no idea who is what. I wish everyone wore signs.

I've tried the T-app but all of the girls on there are usually just looking for friends or are making fun of the app.