1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone in Tokyo?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by SuperAnonymouse, Oct 7, 2015.

1. SuperAnonymouse

This is a super long shot... I mean statistically LGBT is x small portion of the planet, then in Japan LBGT English speakers is a teeny tiny fraction of that number, then out of that number any that would also be on this forum... then that would log on during the time period that this post is visible...

I was hoping if there was a possibility that there is anyone living in Tokyo on here. I moved here with my husband ~10ish months ago and so far have not made a single friend. I'm currently questioning my orientation big time and doing research towards asking for a divorce and I really just need a completely platonic friend. Male, female, fluid, gay, lesbian, sexually fluid, anything. I feel like I would be able to figure out my orientation better if I talked to more than my 1yo son! Going forward, I'll be posting here too but I think it would be nice to have an actual real life friend. :help:frowning2:&&&):tears:

---------- Post added 7th Oct 2015 at 05:48 PM ----------

Oooh suddenly felt inspired to add: I'm not asking anyone to post personal information or even meet me anywhere! I don't know where the rules fall on that kind of thing, but I don't want to get in trouble or other people in trouble, I'm not soliciting anything! I just want to open online conversation with people geographically close to me, hoping to make a real friend in the process.

2. Really

Hey there, I'm not in Tokyo but I took Japanese at university. Does that count? Haha. No.

Anyways, I just googled "LGBT expat Tokyo" and there seemed to be quite a few results that might be of interest for you.

Stick around because you're bound to make friends here, too.

Hajimemashite.

3. SuperAnonymouse

Thanks so much for responding! it's funny, normally i'm good with my Google-fu but I think I did just one search or two and only found blog posts about the best bars to pick up ladies and gave up. I've been isolated for a while too so I'm a little shy about sticking my neck out (what if it gets cut off?! ;D ) I'll put those search terms in when I have some down time later tonight and see what comes up. :slight_smile:

4. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Not from Tokyo, but if anyone knows anything about the status of acceptance of LGBT people in that area I'd love you forever. I really want to move to Japan when I graduate college, but I'm not going to unless I know that someone isn't going to shoot me for being gay.....
    That's just an exaggeration of course. For some reason, even though I spent a good while on the interwebs looking for info, I didn't find much. I know that Tokyo recently made big steps towards gay rights, but I'm curious if anyone knows the actual mindset of the place?