1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT "Pride" Club, I really want to go.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by loveislove01, Oct 13, 2015.

1. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is this club after school for LGBTQ people and I recently saw the flyer and wanted to join, really badly...but it's after school at 5:30-6:30 and school gets out at 2, which means my parents will have to take me there. There is no problem with them taking me, but I don't know what I would say...obviously they would want to know what I'm doing after school. I don't know what to do. I really want to join, but I feel kind of bad for lying and I absolutely can not come out.

2. confusedbubble

Is there another club that goes on at the same time? Maybe you could say you joined that instead

3. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    They have this club at my school and I'm a part of it x3 Hun, the thing is......... I know you don't want to lie to your parents. But this is NOT your fault. Your parents are the ones unaccepting. If you have to lie, don't feel guilty.

4. Bismuth

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Is the PRIDE group run by people in your school (students, staff)? If so, I'd recommend talking them during lunch or at the beginning of the day store classes start. Although you may not be able to be a complete member given the circumstances, I'm sure talking with the leader should have its benefits. Who knows? Maybe they'll find a way to accommodate you.

#4 Bismuth, Oct 13, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  5. Asterac22

try talking to the group...they might be able to get you some sort of cover (saying its a different type of group) its quite dishonest but might help until you can come out?

6. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I read all of your replies and finally got the courage to tell my mom -smoothly- that it was an extra meeting from the anime club, and she believed me, so I'm good for tomorrow, she'll drop me off.

I felt really, really bad for lying but I thought it was worth it in this situation.

@Bismuth, the group is run by students, and there might be one adult in the room (Or a senior who is 18) And I can try to talk to them but I don't know who runs the club, so I'm going to see tomorrow.

7. Bismuth

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    That's good to hear. Might be a good idea to bring a few anime/manga related things with you to keep up the illusion. Even if there isn't a clear leader at the meeting (which I believe is extremely unlikely) make the best use of the time you have there since you can't be sure how many others you'll have the chance to attend.

8. tourettesqueen

Hope you enjoy it. My school has a club like that to and it is really fun.