1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infinite Loop (possible triggers involved)

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by leslionel, Oct 13, 2015.

1. leslionel

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I was 14, my mother had an affair, and my parents split up. After my mother had gone, my dad overdosed, and I had to resuscitate him and call the emergency services. I'm now 20, and I still have nightmares and possible flashback. My doctor said the other day I might have PTSD.

I realised also last week, that a fear of abandonment stems from this. And now I'm stuck in a vicious loop where I date someone, get emotionally attached, and then they abandon me. I've been stuck in this infinite loop since I was 18. I have some moderate/severe mental health problems and even though I am being treated nobody seems to cope with me. I feel so lonely. At the moment I'm at a particularly low point bc my girlfriend broke up with me today, AND an old friend took his life.

I would really like some advice. I'm exceptionally lonely right now and I need to know how to overcome this fear, otherwise I may be alone for a long time :/

#1 leslionel, Oct 13, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  2. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm so sorry to read about everything you are going through. I don't really know what to say, but I'll try.

Regarding mental health problems: I can relate. I won't go into details, because this isn't about me. But I know about the daily struggles, and the strain it puts on relationships, not only between my parents, sister and me, but also romantic relationships. The fear of abandonment is normal for someone who is going through all the things you're going through. I think in a way, we all have that fear. My wish for you is that you'd meet someone who will love you and support you and stick by you. Someone who understands that you have a mental health problem, who wouldn't reject or abandon you because of it.

I'm sorry, this isn't very helpful. Just wanted to let you know that you don't have to go through this alone. We're all here for you. Things can only get better from here (*hug*) (&&&)