1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sexuality is on my mind 24/7? help????!!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by grungeteen, Oct 16, 2015.

1. grungeteen

Does anyone know how I can distract myself?

Ever since I started questioning my sexuality, it has been on my mind ALL THE FRICKIN TIME. Like 90 percent of my day is sexuality and questioning, I can't do ANYTHING without thinking about it. It's so crazy and I didn't mind it at first but now it's really bugging me, I just want to focus on something else rather than who I'm attracted to and relationships, I just can NEVER CONCENTRATE on anything else.

I just want to get away from it all. I want to stop questioning and just forget about it but at the same time, I need a straight answer or it will never get out my mind. But I don't know what I am and until I realize it, it's will not go away and it is killinggggg mee.

2. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Maybe trying a new hobby or filling your mind up with other things. You could try meeting new people because you might meet someone who can help you find the awnser

3. Acuba403

It's the same with me, I found that after I talked with some one about it I was able to get it off my mind a fair bit. If that doesn't work then try a hobby, I resorted to strategy games that require all my attention and to school/ work.

---------- Post added 16th Oct 2015 at 02:46 PM ----------

If it's the label you're worried about, you could always try to go with "I like who I like, I'm me. I don't need any other label"

4. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    How long have you been questioning for? I was in the same position as you for many months but I'm in a definite better place now- I even wrote a blog post on this issue precisely just yesterday. How you feel and what ou are going through now isn't permanent, that I can guarantee you. And you don't need to have everything figured out at once.

There wasn't a particular day I suddenly moved on from that stage of thinking about it all the damn time, but I suggest you find something interesting that occupies your mind quite well- I don't know, games, puzzles, music, anything that you might like. That really helped me.

I'll just throw it out there, as I usually say- although thinking about your sexuality during questioning can be useful, there does reach a point where the overthinking of it is going to stop being useful and start being detrimental to your health and wellbeing. At this point it will help you much more to take a breather and take some time and room away from thinking about it all the time. Yeah, it's definitely easier said then done. But there's a good side to it- leaving it for a while doesn't mean you're giving up or halting all progress on the questioning front. Taking a step back and not thinking about it so much can actually reveal some answers slowly to you over time. You'll be surprised how much clearer things can get as time moves on and you progress in your questioning (or taking a break from questioning).

5. ilovesg

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I used to do the same thing! Its very stressful. Labels aren't necessary, but sometimes you feel like you need one so you know who you are and how to explain it to other people. The more confident you become in your identity, the less you think about it. Like mackenziesr said, maybe take a break from questioning. By just being you, maybe things will be easier to understand. Try not to stress! Eventually you will know who you are and you won't think about it this much. I would say from the time I seriously started to question my sexuality to the time where I stopped obsessing over it was a few months. It could be a lot shorter than that though. good luck