1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling really lonely

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ArcheryDude44, Oct 17, 2015.

1. ArcheryDude44

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey,
    so I'm new to this site and I've been trying to make a few friends. I've accepted myself as gay, but now I know, that that's only half the battle. Now I'm having to deal with the loneliness. Whenever I see a cute guy that I like, the automatic response in my mind is "I've got no chance, I'm gay he's straight". I really want to be with a guy that I can be open with and love. The worst part is, I know someone who loves me, and I thought I loved him too, but I was just so happy that someone of the same sex was interested in me, I only thought I loved him. Besides it could never work out, he lives 4 and a half hours away, and I've never actually met him face to face.

When I joined this site, I thought,
    "okay fresh start, you've accepted yourself for who you are, now you can move on in life". But I can't, because there's that physical, emotional, and spiritual relationship that's missing. The fact that I have no one to hold and cuddle is devastating.

I really would like some advice and support. Have you ever been in my situation? What should I do about this, when I get so weird around any guy that I like?
    Please help!!:tears::bang:

2. wildestdreams

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think everyone (in most cases) wants somebody to love/love them back. I am going through similar, and really liked a guy and then he dropped all contact and that has made me feel very lonely. Get yourself out there and meet people (online/out and about). :slight_smile:

3. ArcheryDude44

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you; you're right, there are plenty of guys out there, I just need to make the effort to find them :slight_smile:

4. ThatRangerGirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My advice would be don't give up, keep searching, but also don't rule out an online relationship. I won't go into details, but my best friend Kim has been in an extremely happy, loving, committed relationship, with a girl named Micaela for over a year. They've been in a relationship for over a year, and they only met in person for the first time a couple of weeks ago. What I'm saying is don't rule out online, but don't stop searching in person either. Somewhere in this world, you will find a guy who is meant for you. Just keep looking. Also, just because you think he's straight, doesn't mean you can't ask him out. You never know if he's gay, bi, pan, etc. unless you ask. Don't give up! You'll find someone! Best of luck :slight_smile:

Maya

5. littleraven

I agree with Maya and wildestdreams. Don't give up. :slight_smile: (*hug*)