1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What groups have been good for you to join ?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ConsciousRose42, Oct 18, 2015.

1. ConsciousRose42

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello
    I am new to being out ..
    I'd like to hear in what ways you have connected with the gay community and what it's been like ... What have you experienced and how it has shaped you -
    I'm not too into the social groups as in - night time pubs etc - but still
    I'm open to hear about any experiences people have had

Thank u :smilewave

2. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This year I joined my school's GSA. It it one of the largest clubs in school and they talk about LGBT+ issues. It is pretty amazing.

3. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I second Awesome. I'm in a GSA/LGBT+ group and the experience I have there is very nice and valuable. You don't even necessarily need to be out at all, you can just join and usually they don't question anybody. You meet a lot of people in the community and also can contribute to making a difference in your local area/school/campus regarding LGBT+.

4. lafemmedargent

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    hey I'm in the same boat, new to being out as well. I think I did come to my group with the hopes and expectations of meeting someone. Needless to say that this didn't happen :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: However I have made some great friends and now I always have people to go around with a go with on nights out! Plus I've joined the committee as well so hopefully I can bring some change about as well. :grin: So overall a positive experience