1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My mistakes haunt me

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by littleraven, Oct 18, 2015.

1. littleraven

They really do. I'm always nervous about the saying the wrong thing in social situations, even online ones. When I feel I've made a mistake, even something really petty, I feel like I've lost the opportunity to make a new friend.

I try to remind myself that everyone makes mistakes and that generally people aren't *that* judgemental. A lot of people would be accepting even if I make mistakes.

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Being yourself, and authentic with the people around you, and with people who you would like to get to know better as friends, are going to be the things that will carry the day.

If you make a mistake or do something that you feel or see hurt someone, or makes them feel disappointed, genuinely apologize, and try to learn from it. If we would never make any mistakes, we wouldn't learn much about ourselves, or even about others.

You said something important already: everyone makes mistakes, and if you know that others would still be accepting, that's all that matters. Don't worry about your past mistakes, or the what ifs. Take what you have learned from them forward. :slight_smile:

3. littleraven

Thank you. (*hug*)

4. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can relate a lot.