1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flight question,I really need some help

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by hristijantod, Oct 19, 2015.

1. hristijantod

hristijantod Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    From my previous post that I posted,about my issues with domestic violence and not being able to be free for who I am.

My friends surprised me yestrday by booking me a ticket to USA and I cannot express how happy I am to have such caring friends and I really do not want to let them down.

But me and my friends are concerned about one issue and this is basically the whole point of creating this thread.I will get straight to the point of what I plan to do and how I plan to do it.

I am going to go for asylum as soon as I arrive in USA border and submit the proof I have gathered of the domestic violence,molestation,rape and the proof of fear that if I came out as lgbt I will get murdered.

The thing that I am mostly afraid is and I do not have answer for this is the following:
    My plane leaves in a month and it has 2 destination points to reach the target,so its my country -> sweden -> usa.The question I am struggling with is I only have a biometric passport which is not included in USA Visa Waiver program cuz getting a travel visa or any type of visa in my country is very hard.I want to know if I will be able to get from Sweden to the USA plane and arrive safely at the USA gates where I can claim asylum safely,cuz it would really ruin everything that my friends did for me and what I have gone through if I am stopped even before I got on the plane.

I would like help on this matter and advice on what I should do,the flight ticket is not refundable and this is my only chance to get freedom and escape from all the bad things that are happening to me.

Please if you can help me in any way,as I really cant sleep at night thinking about it and its all I ever wanted since I was in middle and highschool.

Thank you to everyone in advance,and sorry if the message is lenghty :/

2. TempUsername3

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm not too sure on all this because my father books all my plane tickets and does all the paper work for my visas. I think you have to either call or email your country's embassy in Sweden and then America. Tell them your situation. I could be wrong, I've never done this before.

3. hristijantod

hristijantod Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thats why I opened the thread,if someone can give me advice or help regarding this topic I would really appriciate it as I cant take it living here anymore,its torture and I dont want to feel suicidal ever again.

If anyone can help or has info,please do :/

4. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First off, you may not even qualify for Asylum in the USA based on what you stated. While you seem to be going through a very difficult situation, Typically asylum is based on political conditions, not domestic conditions. If I were you, I would check online at the US Embassy, Department of State, or other resources to identify what basis someone can make an application for Asylum. If thats the only reason why you are going, you might be very disappointed when you get there.

In terms of Visa requirements, if you google US Visitor Visa requirements, you should be able to find plenty of information on which countries need a visa and how to apply for one.

5. hristijantod

hristijantod Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The Immigration Equality and Domestic Violence Hotline both assured me that I have sufficent proof for the asylum,as I have said before,if I were to come out in here I would be murdered and i have a proof of it + domestic violence harm being done to me and the proof of me being molested and raped when very young,which made me neglect the society,not have any friends,hate myself all the time and wanting to kill myself for it.

I have gone through alot and I am sure it is easier for you to judge when you are in a safe enviroment,the only people that can really see what I have gone through are the ones that went through the same pain.For godness sake I cant even be who I am,I have to lie to all the people so I can live tommorow,act someone that I am not so I dont die.I opened this thread so people can help me answer the question I have,not make me feel garbage again,cuz thats how I feel when u made that comment,it makes me go back to the suicide thing...

I have suffered,I have the proof,I have the scars and I have been broken a dozen times and still decide life over death cuz of the friends I care about and because I think I do deserve better life than this.I am sure if you were in my situation,not knowing of a way out,you would feel the same,but other then that you can only hope you understand my pain and make assumptions based on that,you do not know what I have gone through and I am trying to forget it all and just move forward.

6. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No one is judging at all, my suggestion is to make sure you are prepared and have done the proper research. As I said, I recognize you are going through a difficult situation, and I believe you are going through such a situation.

I appreciate how emotional you are at the moment; but how about we try and separate for a moment your emotions from what will factually will be required for you to not only seek Asylum, but to have the best chances of being granted Asylum. Getting Asylum approved in the US (or any country for that matter) is extremely difficult.

Is The Immigration Equality and Domestic Violence Hotline you referenced an organization from the United States? If you have not gotten the facts directly from a US government agency, while what they might be telling you may be correct, there may be more nuances than what they are suggesting.

So, to give you the best chances of success, it is in your best interest to reach out directly to a US government agency.

Now, in the UK, I do know that you can seek Asylum to the extent you are gay and living in a country that persecutes gays. Is Macedonia such a place?

7. hristijantod

hristijantod Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yes Macedonia is such a place and both the organisations I told you about are in the states.But as they said they cannot help me unless I am physically present in USA or in detention facility and Immigration Equality even told me that if and when I am physically present in there they are willing to send a lawyer my way to fight for my case.

Macedonia is in poverty,1 house for entire generation,so like my cousins live with their parents and same goes with me and my sister.There are always new facilities being open here,but no employment,because its all through connections and the minimum monthly salary that one can get in here for working 8 hours a day is 100 euros and that is what my mother is earning right now as my disgusting other family member cant find a job because of the restrictions that are placed.

If I come out tommorow in here,my family will basically kick me out of the house strip me of my clothes and leave me on the streets and let me tell you how people react to LGBT here as it is easy to hear who is LGBT here,they will throw rocks at you,spit at you,not try and help you and the police wont do anything against them,so basically I will die.If there is a person to show up to help me he has to be a closet middle aged man who will be willing to take care of me for sex favors,I know how my country works.

As for the visa part the reason why I cannot get the travel visa is because of this:
    Now you can understand why I am willing to even chance it on a single hope that the flight attendant might allow me to board the plane so I can fight my case,as I said before this is my last fight,its either I get accepted,they shoot me so I dont feel a thing and die with my dignity on,or on my way back I will kill myself,as I will not take the torture anymore,I will not feel sorry and powerless for myself,I dont want to have headaches everyday,I dont want to hate my life and I dont want to feel sorry that I didnt have happy childhood and life,instead I want to live it.

That is why this trip is so important to me,its either I get the freedom or I will have to end my life.

#7 hristijantod, Oct 19, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
  8. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do not think you need to show a visa before boarding a flight. U just need your passport to board the flight. I check with the airline, but I can not recall ever showing a visa before going to a country that requires one.

9. hristijantod

hristijantod Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Can anyone verify this?
    This is really the situation I hoped for @OnTheHighway,if that is the case then I can fight my asylum case and I know I can board from my country to Sweden with my biometric passport,but the thing I was dealing was if I was able to board on the Sweden airport that goes to USA and if so then I am really happy.

Thank you so much for your response!

I would like to know what other responses to this are?

Edit: This is a copy from the carrier that the tickets have been bought,their FAQ:
    Thats why I would like to hear other people oppinnion on this topic.

#9 hristijantod, Oct 19, 2015
  10. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel pretty certain that you do have to show a visa for the destination country to board a plane, the reason being that if you are not allowed to enter the country for lack of a visa it's on the airline to get you home. This has been the case for me when I have traveled but I have always either originated in the US, returned to the US or moved between countries where visas are not required (e.g. India to Nepal etc). It's possible that it is different if you are originating outside the US and not using a US carrier. I would check with the airline.

11. hristijantod

hristijantod Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I can only travel on the plane,as on the previous thread I did try many organisations such as unhcr,railroad canada,ilhcr and so much more and all of them kept redirecting me to some other organisation website and that has been going on for 2 and a half years.

Every single on of them saying you have to be physically present at the border to claim asylum,but if I cant even fly then how am I supposed to claim asylum ? :/

The situation for me living in my country is very bad and this is literally my only hope of freedom to be with the people that love and care for me,as you can tell they went to the lenghts to purchase a flying ticket for me so they can get me out of this toxic enviroment,I really have no idea what else I would do :/

#11 hristijantod, Oct 19, 2015
  12. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Now that I think about it, when traveling to China or India, they did look at the visa page in my passport.

13. hristijantod

hristijantod Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So even when someone has the ticket,he wont be able to claim freedom? :/

Is really all hope lost? I dont want to allow to be tortured again and listen to music 24/7 just so I dont hear anything and forget everything

14. hristijantod

hristijantod Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If this turns out to be the case that I cannot board a plane,does anyone have any solution on what I might be able to do or organisation to call that might help me?

I really have been fighting for this for 12-13 years,and this is basically my dream and not being able to be there will destroy me :frowning2:

Sorry for the double post,I just want to know if there is any chance to get freedom and end up with my friends :frowning2:

#14 hristijantod, Oct 21, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  15. AshleyDi

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Contact the us embassy for legally correct information

16. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi I am really sorry about your situation. I realise that ideally you want to get to the us but if it turns out this is not possible what about seeking asylum in a country you don't require a visa for?

17. hristijantod

hristijantod Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am up for that aswell silverhalo,however I recently found out that I might not be able to even border the plane in my country due to insufficent documentation(biometric passport).

If this is the case then I have no idea what else to try.As I said I am unemployed,I cannot get a job,I cannot afford to pay any other trip to get out of my country.This is the only trip where my friends sponsored it and I am letting them down,because even with all of this I still cannot escape my country :frowning2:

I really hate my situation and I dont know what else I can do.If I try to runaway that is take bus and such I can only literally make it to our town in my country,as a runaway with only 10$ cant make it far :frowning2:

I still want to fight and live,if anyone of you happen to know an agency or organisation that can help me,I would be willing to give that a try,but with this I feel like I am back at point 0.What good is the non refundable flight ticket if I cant board the plane and use it to request asylum,I am really depressed :frowning2:

#17 hristijantod, Oct 21, 2015
  18. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok could you apply for a visa?

19. hristijantod

hristijantod Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    To apply for visa I will need this:
    I am unempoyed due to the poverty in our country and therefor it will be considered that I dont have enough evidence.Plus they do check your bank statement and credit card info for the past 6 months just so they see that you have been topping your account with money in my case I have 0 for the past 6 months.

That is why it is so hard to get visa in my country,no matter what you do.

#19 hristijantod, Oct 21, 2015
  20. AKTodd

Could you contact the American embassy in your country? Or the embassies of other countries that are gay friendly? Explain your situation and see if there's anything they can do to help.

Todd