1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exhausted by crush :( I'm so sick of this

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by deadbluebells, Oct 20, 2015.

1. deadbluebells

It's been eight months now and I'm just so tired of thinking about her. I don't have anyone I can easily tell about liking her so I've kept it to myself and I know that's made it worse. I used to talk to her almost every day, but we didn't see each other all summer and then we were put in different classes so I still don't really see that much of her, which I though would make her easier to get over, but it's been four months since then and it's still as strong as ever.

I thought, for a week or two, that I was moving on. I could go ten minutes after waking up without thinking about her, and when I did it just felt like it was out of habit. But then she contacted me and asked me to her Halloween party - which made me think that I must be in some way significant to her, if we could go weeks and weeks with so little contact, but for me to still be on her mind enough for her to think to ask me? And then it all came crashing down again. I see her once a week at our college feminist group meetings, but it's not really a place where you can chat, and she's busy being intelligent and amazing while I say very little. I have depression and anxiety, so I always think people dislike me anyway, and I never know how to act around her. I know my issues all feed into each other and I'm seeing a therapist at some point, but I'm on an eighteen-week waiting list.

Everything reminds me of her. I feel so sad walking into the classroom I first met her in now she's not there any more. I miss hearing her say my name. I almost miss how anxious I felt talking to her. I just miss her.

The worst bit is, it's not all fucked up just yet. I'm going to her house for a party soon. There's still potential for us to just be friends. But it won't happen because I'm boring and don't know how to act, while she knows so many people and I must be so insignificant. I wish I wasn't so dramatic, but she's only my second crush, really - the first one I had was built more upon what I thought him to be, and once I'd spend some time around him I was over it. But despite knowing her flaws, I'm still obsessed with her. It's unhealthy and I'm ashamed of it. But I don't know how to get over her.

Sorry for the self pity :frowning2: I'm just so tired and embarrassed by it at this point. How long do crushes usually last for you?

Edit: I should add that she too is bisexual, and probably knows I am too, so that's not really an issue. Before I liked her, I was pretty sure she liked me - but I don't even know what reality is at this point.

Thanks.

#1 deadbluebells, Oct 20, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  2. Awoken

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The only way you'll know if if you tell her. Or at least try and close the gap between you in hopes that she tells you first. Just understand that it might not work out the way you want so be prepared for a friendship at the most. Thinking about it for all this time is the worst, I've done it to myself for the last year. I told her last week and we're still friends. And mine was straight, so there's a plus for you ahah But honestly, the only way you're gonna be able to relax is if you tell her. Otherwise you'll drive yourself crazy with all the What ifs? was that? did she just? etc etc. Even if it doesn't work out you can either move on or you'll know she does. Good luck!

3. Plattyrex

I would recommend telling her. I know that's much easier said than done, and I'm certainly not brave enough to do stuff like that, but it's really unhealthy to be that upset over something. I'm sure she'll understand, even if she doesn't feel the same way. I'm really sorry for giving advice that I wouldn't personally be able to follow, and I know how nerve wracking these situations can be, but I feel like once you do something about it they're over very quickly and the stress usually goes away. I can't relate too well, as most of the people I take a liking to aren't actually gay or bi, but I hope I could be at least a tiny bit helpful. Sorry if this doesn't help.

4. Linus

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sorry, but, is phone calling an option? Like, get her number. Just call her up for a casual chat. It's what good friends do. That way you can become closer. And yes, crushes can last a very long time. Mine has lasted around two years now. Believe me, I've been through it all, and still suffering. :frowning2: Best of luck.

#4 Linus, Oct 21, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  5. PennyMonkey96

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
  6. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I had a HUGE crush with a guy that was gay. He did a lot of things to me that I misread as flirting, and I was completely obsessed with him. This crush almost lasted a year. He ended up not liking me, and the ONLY WAY I could get over it was to ask him if we could ever be a couple.

As long as you're out there knowing that there's a possibility of you two getting together, then you're going to be hung up on her. Summon up some confidence and go out and ask her what she thinks about you. Text her if you have to.

And just brace yourself for the chance that she will reject you, and know that it's OK. Rejection hurts, but it really is a good thing. It helps you move on.

#6 Steve FS, Oct 21, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2015