1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Take a Leap of Faith

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by faceup, Oct 21, 2015.

1. faceup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I need some advice and take this out of my chest!
    I am 32 (yes I am old) and I put a goal that next year I am going to take a kind of college in another country and I will try to find a job and try settle there.
    Here is something that is annoying me, my mother is worried about me quitting my job and expend all the money to try something, she thinks I should find other job and stay here with this routibr and job that I hate.
    If you were me , what do you do ?
    You will listening to heart and try something that u really want or will listening to your mom advice?
    By the way my family and friends doesn't about my sexuality and I know my depression comes from this.

2. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I feel like you know the answer to your own question. You are obviously very unhappy with your life and you want to take it in a different direction. I say take that leap of faith, just make sure you are completely ready before you do so. The last thing you want is to leave, not be able to make a living for yourself, and having to make the trek back home.

Go where your heart tells you, but let your brain lead the way, and you'll be perfectly fine. :slight_smile:

3. Yosia

Life is about doing what you want, fuck everyone else. You only have one life, live it to the best you can and make your life so that when you are on your death bed, you look back and think, "fuck, that was good."

^.^

#3 Yosia, Oct 21, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  4. faceup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Guys thx so much for the help, I wish I knew EC years ago posting and reading other people posts is a great help.

Stevfs
    I know the answer, but sometimes my mother and father they talk to o much , because they didn't understand I do not want to marries with a girl and have kids. I just want to be happy as gay because now I accept myself.
    I am working my ass of to save enough so I can support myself and do not come back.

Yosia
    You are right I need to be more chill out so I can enjoy more my life. I think my biggest problen is my anxiety I am always worrying about something.
    I will change, I need to change !

Again thx so much, is so good to take this out of my chesf!

5. timetraveltea

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This. This is so true.
    You can do whatever you set your mind to, so might as well do something you really want. It will so be worth it!

6. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is nothing wrong with listening to the advice of parents or other people, but it's only good advice if it works for you.

Sometimes we have to take chances in life and push beyond our comfort zone. It feels scary and seems like a risk, but if we plan carefully and don't just act on a mad impulse we can minimise the risks and achieve good or better things for ourselves.

At the age of 32 (which isn't old actually) you have the right to make decisions for yourself and plot your own course in life. My advice would be to do as you wish, but plan carefully, research the country you are moving to well and consider everything so you don't make lots of mistakes and end up with regrets or having your mom saying "I told you so!".

Good luck!

7. faceup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    PatrickUk thx for your advice, I do listening my fathers advice but like, somentimes they try to put me down and as I am a little depressed I do get down .
    About the country I am going to a place that I know and I am going to stay with people that I have already lived toguether

I just talked with my mother and she sad that they are worried because they feel that I am going to explode any time, and my father is very worried about that.

I know why I am so angry, is because I am in the closet for 17years and I can't take anymore. All my life I was angry but now everything falled apart, my dog died las year, I change job and I hate were I am working, I had a crush on a guy (first guy that I had something) but he didn't like me the same way.
    So I think this is why I am like a bomb ready to explode.

Wow I think I wrote too much

8. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you fail, then you have had the experience of trying. Regret stings worse than almost any failure can. You only get one chance, so why not use it for something you feel the deep need to pursue?