1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need support w/ who I am?! high school harassment

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Tie, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Tie

Tie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I was walking down the hallway today and these two people that I've never even seen before just stared at me and they're like "fuck off, you lesbian!"

I'm feel like im such a shitty girlfriend and I have honestly no friends left because they were afraid of being teased for being friends with a lesbian?..

I used to kiss girls all the time, but my parents were homophobic so being young I figured it was wrong, that women had to date men..If people knew who I was I'd be a 'problem' or I wouldn't be loved idek that someone somewhere would be disappointed in me, and imagine having someone disappointed in you for the rest of your life? I remember when I tried to convinced myself in year eight that I was straight it honestly just made me feel like shit, amd that's when I got depression and anxiety..but thats alright now, I don't get depressed as much and i barely get anxious now.

I really need advice or help? what do I do?!

2. Diferent Kind

I understand.
    I'm so sorry for you.
    It's not fair. I wish i could help, or say the words you need.
    I'm in a similair position myself.

Sometimes life just hits you hard, and there is nothing we can do.
    So don't beat yourself up. I believe it will get better if we keep believing in ourselves :slight_smile:

#2 Diferent Kind, Oct 21, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  3. timetraveltea

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry you have to go through this. :frowning2:
    It sounds like those people have problems, and they like to take it out on others. It's not fair. But remember that there's nothing wrong with you- it's all on them! Life will treat them harder in the end if they keep on being insensitive jerks.
    Stay true to yourself (*hug*) I'm glad to hear that your anxiety and depression aren't giving you as much trouble as they used to. :slight_smile: Are there any LGBT-friendly students in your school, or a Gay-Straight Alliance you could join? I'm sure there is someone out there who will accept you for who you are :slight_smile:

4. ChronicGirl

I'm sorry you have to deal with that. Try finding others who are LGTBQA or Allies, trust me if your out and you seem like you can deal with it others will be inspired to talk to you and come out. If that doesn't work or is taking a long time try to find friends via sites like this. Don't go crazy with it but online friends can be a blessing.
    If you're having trouble with that you can always message me on here.
    Good luck