1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I overreacting here, or am I justified in being hurt?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by PositivelyMe, Oct 23, 2015.

1. PositivelyMe

Out Status:
    Some people
    So, I've been inviting my friend to visit for weeks-we're both busy, so I respect when he can't come and just say "you should come up here sometime!" I'm at a new school, and I am meeting a lot of new people and having a good time, but obviously those relationships aren't close yet and I miss my good friends from home.

Another one of my friend's friends goes here, and she may be having a harder time than me; while I haven't really gotten close to people yet, I love the school itself and am having a good time regardless because I like where I am. The other day, when I was jokingly saying "COME VISIT ME" he said "I go back to school Saturday, but I'm surprising ____Friday, so I'll be close!"

Evidently, a third friend had told him they were going to surprise his friend at my school. I was hurt. I'd been asking him to come visit for weeks-not to do anything crazy, just grab lunch or something-and he was too busy, but he came up tonight to surprise another friend. He did invite me last minute, but I felt like I'd be intruding-and also, kind of like a second choice tag along type deal. I didn't want to be that person.

Am I overreacting? Should I let it go or talk to him about it?