1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Timer Dating Advice...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by UnSureBisexuel, Oct 24, 2015.

1. UnSureBisexuel

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So, for starters I am an 19 year old bisexual woman, who has never dated before... I play on a all girls hockey team and I have fallen head over heals for this one girl. I have a few problems ...one:I am unsure if she likes girls... Two: I Dont know how to ask her out ... I need some advice advice on how to approach her and ask her a out. Any other advice is welcome...

Thank

2. Lyana

Hi, UnSureBisexuel.

Are you friends with this girl? Do you talk to her outside of hockey practice? Has an LGBT topic ever come up while you were talking? I think we could give more accurate advice if we had some more information. Asking someone out out of the blue, without knowing their orientation, can be done -- but it's definitely better to know that they're at least not bothered by LGBT people, so that even if she's not interested, she won't make things too difficult for you in the future. Particularly if you two play on the same team.

How out are you? Not at all? That will also be a factor. If she already knows you're bi and it hasn't been an issue, it's much better than if she has no idea. A person can react badly to someone coming out. They can react badly to someone asking them out. If you do both at once, it can

In my opinion, asking her out without knowing whether she likes girls is pretty risky. But if you're not afraid of putting yourself out there (or if you're confident she's cool and won't make a big deal out of it), then the next time you're together, talk about a movie/concert you want to go see, or a coffee shop/restaurant you want to try, and ask her if she's interested in going -- just the two of you. If you'd rather be friends first, you don't have to go on a "date," you could just hang out. Or you could make sure you're both on the same page and call it a date. That's your call.

3. Jamie1975

My advice would be not to rush things.

Take one day at a time

xx