1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pre F2M Support? Any help please.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Michael492, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Michael492

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have always felt like I was male and have not rely talked to too many people about it. My brother and a friend going through a similar thing are the only people I have confided in. I recently told my mother and it did not go well. As much as she claims to support LGBT people and would support it if her kids were gay, once I told her I rely considering gender reassignment she was very upset and told me I was a idiot, that I don't know what I want and I do not physically look like a man and I do not posses any of the stereotypical male traits so I can not be transgender. She seems to believe only people with a 'chemical imbalance' are 'real'. She has made it very clear I will be getting no support from her in this. She says she will not talk to me until I come to my senses. It has gotten me very depressed knowing that is what she believes and I wonder how others will react to it.

Another thing that has gotten me upset is as much as I dress up I can not cover the fact that I was born female. I am 24, only 5'2 and curvy, there is no wrap tight enough to hide my chest and my voice is very feminine. I have 0 male features. Since I have started researching I realized I rely have no idea where to start or what to expect. How much does it cost and how much can change physically at this point without a lot of surgery? What are the average costs and where can you find help in Idaho? My general family physician was not understanding at all and refused to help or even talk about it when I lived in CA. Up here people seem to be even more unaccepting and I don't want to jump from Dr to Dr and listen to there criticism again until I can find one willing to give me information.

I would love any help or get any extra info. Personal experiences and things to expect would be awesome.

2. DinelodiiGitli

Alright so I'm on a similar boat only younger and not out.

Try finding a therapist who specializes in gender identity or at the very least one who has experience with LGBTQ+ issues. Also look for a LGBT center, group, etc. near you. both can help you find an endocrinologist who can maybe help you get on T (testosterone) which is commonly the first step in 'transitioning' (or the only one, remember that surgery is not needed and not having anything done won't make you less of a man), it will deepen your voice, help redistribute body fat, build muscle, grow facial hair, etc.
    Trying buying a binder (make sure to buy your size) as it helps with dysphoria and is safer than any other methods.

If you need someone to talk to I'm here to listen.
    Best of luck.

3. Michael492

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks, I will try looking up a LGBT+ group in my area and see where I can go from there.

I also bought a binder. Should be here Friday. I'll see how that works. Do you have an brands you would recommend for future purchases?

4. DinelodiiGitli

Happy to help. :slight_smile:

GC2B seems to be one of the best. They seems to more comfortable than one's from underworks or other lesser known brands.