1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worst Timing

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Anonymous132, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Anonymous132

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So while lately i've been feeling really lonely and a bit down my parents have just announced they're splitting up (on okay terms if you know what i mean) but i cant help but feel almost abandoned. I only moved out to uni a month ago and thats hard enough anyway, having to leave all your friends and family and now this? it's like an added pressure to all the normal stuff i have to deal with anyway, i dont know i dont even feel theres any point to this post i kinda just need to vent to somewhere. but if anyone has any advice on how to deal with parents splitting up it'd be much appreciated.
    Cheers.

2. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Focus on schoolwork and things that you can look forward to, so that you can power through it without directly confronting it and hurting yourself too much. Keep a private document/notebook where you write about your frustration. My parents separated when I was in middle school, and that is how I lived through it.

3. DinelodiiGitli

Focus on other things like hobbies, vent in some way if you feel overwhelmed (there's many ways, singing, writing, music, art, etc).
    If they're on good terms it may not be easy but it's easier than it would be otherwise. My parents divorced when I was six or seven, unfortunately on worse terms but you know, determination is key to working through it.

#3 DinelodiiGitli, Oct 25, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2015