1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

friend crush

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by MatchAshes, Oct 25, 2015.

1. MatchAshes

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    i had a crush on a close friend for a year and a half. a little over a week ago he crushed my heart and handed it back to me. i'm having a hard time getting over it, but i still want to be friends. he has a crush on someone else, and I've talked to her a little. she's a good person and i can see why he'd like her.
    i wish i could just be happy for him and desolve into sea foam, or burst into butterflies, or something and leave people to be happy. I've started scratching myself and i have three huge scabs on my left forearm. i don't know what to do, and i don't want to rip my skin up again.

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! The good news in the disappointing news is that you can start moving on - or at least start putting the things into place that will allow you to move on from your crush on your friend. It can be hard, and it certainly feels like as if the world is coming crashing down. But you know what? It will only be a temporary feeling, and before long, you might be able to start being friends with him.

Are you part of a social or support group either at school or the community? If not, I would suggest that you try joining something that you know would be fun. Doing new things and getting to know others is a good way to get your mind distracted. If you are already part of a social group and have a wider circle of friends, try to create some more still, and spend some more time with your current friends.

What could help as well, is to creating some distance. Maybe spend less time with him for a little while. If you have things that remind you of him, put them away in a box, close it, and place it out of sight for now.

Whenever thoughts about him come to you, try not to fight them, acknowledge them and let them pass. Sometimes what helps is to picture the thoughts on a leaf or cloud and seeing it drifting away in the wind. (*hug*)