1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I thought I was gay, now I'm not sure

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by chickenstrip, Oct 25, 2015.

1. chickenstrip

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    For the past couple of years, I've identified as a gay male. But recently, I've just gotten into a relationship with a girl whom I've been good friends with for a while now. I'm not entirely sure if im into her emotionally and physically though. I'll have these moments throughout the day where I feel like I am, but whenever I get around her, it just doesn't feel right. We just finished our first real "date" tonight, and the whole time it was just awkward. We held hands on the ride back from the restaurant and it felt weird. Now she's telling everybody at our work and school and I'm starting to feel trapped in the relationship.
    I just don't want to end up actually being gay and hurting her.
    I just don't know if I am or not.

TL;DR: Not sure if I'm gay anymore, now in relationship with a girl, and feel trapped and very confused.

2. photoguy93

How did you end up in a relationship with a girl? Are you saying you are closeted.... or this is some type of experiment?

You have to be true to you. Maybe you're bi....maybe you're confused....maybe you're going to be future president of the pringle's factory, I don't know. You have to really think about what you want in life and what makes you happy.

3. chickenstrip

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I had a few brief moments in life that I thought it'd be nice to be with a woman much like it is to be with a guy, and it was her (the one I'm in a relationship with) that caused those moments. And no, I'm not closeted to my friends and fellow students at school. They knew I was gay before I got into a relationship with a girl.

4. Gay1234

You are probably bisexual. A few gay boys feel that they are gay but actually turn out bisexual. Its only you that knows. Is it only this girl ur interested in? If yes u could be gay but likes the occasional girl.

5. lafemmedargent

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    hmm? maybe you could be biromantic homosexual? as in you felt that you had a good bond with this girl , as in you were good friends and you felt that that could turn into a romantic connection. However it sounds like you're finding the physicality of it difficult which might suggest that you're not interested sexually? take time to think about how you really feel then be honest and communicate with this girl, if she's a great friend like before she might be sad at first but she'll understand your confusion. :slight_smile: