1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the point???

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by anonymous cat, Oct 25, 2015.

1. anonymous cat

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hai guys!

First, a little about myself:
    I'm in my late teens and I got a good life I am grateful for, I always try to be a happy person with a smile on my face. I am very shy, barley have any friends and have never had a relationship because of horrible social anxiety.

Now, my theory:
    For the first 18 years of a persons life they attend school. After that one MIGHT attend collage or they may work after they finish high school for about 2-5 years(From experience and what I've heard they are both a living hell). For the next 30-50 years a person will most likely work then retire at about age 75. Where is the good parts in life? What is the point of living when all you do is work and learn your whole life??

So shed some light on the point of living for me, if its all terrible 9 - 5 work hours then I have no desire to live. Anyone else feel this way??? :icon_sad:

2. TempUsername3

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    The realization that we study hard to get a job and get a job to survive until we die is scary. Here are the small details that one may over look. Holiday times are great for vacations, save up and travel, treat yo self. Next best thing is days off work, you get paid vacation depending on country and laws.

From my perspective, I'm 19. These are my good years, I'm working and when I'm not working, I'm doing things I enjoy, travelling, reading, hanging out with friends. The good years are what you make of them. Its your choice to waste time and do nothing. Get out there and do stuff!

3. idsm

^^+1.

What is more, both studying and working can be enjoyable and fulfilling tasks. You just have to find the right profession for you.