1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Voice dysphoria

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by MidnightStar, Oct 27, 2015.

1. MidnightStar

Out Status:
    A few people
    So many things are new and old with me and dysphopria
    But my recent problem has been me trying to over come this fear of mine and blog
    problem is to blog i have to use a microphone and to edit that blog i need to listen to my own voice and i hate having to edit because of this.

But! thought it's no big deal ignored it and eventually tried listening to it and found myself hugging my knees and stopping the video every time my voice dipped deeper i felt very happy and confident but every time i slipped of them good feelings went away and sunk into darkness i started getting really upset and wished i didn't sound like i do finding myself wanting to change the voice,
    even though i'm not a person who's unsure if i want to take HRT and being this voice problem is fairly new i thought i could overcome it by just voice training accept it doesn't work very well and it ends up just sounding like i'm in puberty. Any suggestions on how to help this kind of dysphoria before it starts sinking into life outside of a microphone?