1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel nothing

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by lockedinside, Nov 1, 2015.

1. lockedinside

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Im currently in high school and have had a tough past, with physical abuse at home and best friends consistently leaving me or people using me and I've built up so many walls that i just feel emotionally numb. I can't cry, even when i want to. Even posting on here makes me nervous because i don't really open up to anyone. any advice on how you have gotten through tough times like the ones I'm going through?

2. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm sorry you've had to go through that. I can empathize with you, as I've also had a pretty abusive and lonely past. What helped me get through everything was knowing that things will get better after high school, and it did. There's just something about the high school phase that makes life suck, you know? You have less control of your life..

What kept me sane was being introspective, and trying to turn every single shitty experience I've went through into a positive. What can you learn from everything that you've gone through? Ever single fail can be turned into a positive if you can turn it into constructive thinking. You will grow up to become a wiser individual, and this may equate to a much more satisfying life later on. Instead of being a grown-up and bitching about the little things, you know what really matters, so you'll be more constructive.

There's a light at the end of the tunnel. :slight_smile: Just summon whatever little faith you have right now. it gets better.

#2 Steve FS, Nov 1, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2015