1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can't fit in anywhere.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Smoony, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Smoony

Smoony Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    After 31 posts here, it's clear to me that it isn't going to work. There's another transgender forum, but I just can't get into it.

Everyone's friendly to me everywhere initially, until I become a normal member, then it's like a bunch of other transwomen have me on ignore for no reason. I get along better with cisgender women. But I want to be part of my own community, too.

In real life or online... I'm all alone.

I don't have the willpower to play stupid hierarchy games where trans* communities are concerned. I can spot that crap from a hundred miles away. It's depressing.

#1 Smoony, Nov 1, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
  2. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

That seems like an awfully sudden conclusion to make, after 31 posts, of which a few of those are rhetorical.

What interests me most about your remarks is, the hierarchy part. I have to ask, where have you been seeking your support? Because what you are describing is Tumblr politics, and I can see how that is annoying. While some of that has slipped into here, it's pretty balanced, though you will find certain individuals more vocal, which gives the impression of a lean.

If you want to belong to a certain group, do what you can. If they don't want you, whatever, that's their loss. Eventually, you'll find a fit. That's life, as much as it sucks, you either learn and work with that, or deny and suffer with that. Transwomen are just like everybody else, they can be mean, insensitive, stupid, petty, just as they can be kind, considerate, bright, responsible, and so on.

3. Smoony

Smoony Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Maybe those Tumblr politics on other forums rendered me crazed and cracked. It'd sound petty if I explained exactly what happened and I probably come across as whiny enough as is.

Thanks for responding, though.

4. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Hey, 31 posts is pretty quick to jump to such conclusions, right? Still, I get the feeling that you're speaking from experience, and think I can relate with what you're saying. I want you to feel welcome here, friendo, i think you're pretty interesting, so don't worry, whether it's in the trans community or somewhere else, you'll find somewhere you belong.

#4 kageshiro, Nov 1, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
  5. Smoony

Smoony Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I will try to find my place, kageshiro. You're quite interesting yourself, but you already know that. :wink:

6. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Your personality analysis is on the same level of kaisers and my own. Maybe you don't fit in cause you're better than everyone, just like me =D