1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help :(

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Spot, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Spot

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A bit of background information: I have pretty severe social anxiety and at my old school I talked to almost no one. I had one guy who I was only friends with because our moms were friends. I never really became friends with anyone at my old school. I've moved schools now and I'm happy with that.

My mom just informed me that we have to go to that guy's birthday party this Sunday and that wouldn't be such a big deal except we haven't talked for like a year and I don't really think of us as friends anymore since we don't see each other. What's more alarming (to me at least) is that basically all his friends come from my old school and I'm absolutely terrified because I never told anyone I was leaving since there was really no one to tell. All his friends are the extroverted, popular kids and yeah, I'm extremely introverted. These extroverted kids include my old crush who I was always awkward around and possibly even my very first crush (both my crushes were brothers, is that weird? Lol) who I'm incredibly awkward around. It's only Wednesday and I'm already freaking out because I can just imagine how this is going to go down. What am I going to do? :frowning2:

2. PennyMonkey96

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm positive that this will not help but if I was in that situation I would avoid those guys. Or just ignore them, plus it's just for a short period of time, I assume.