1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm In Love With An Anorexic Girl (need advice)

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by RayMarieS, Nov 4, 2015.

1. RayMarieS

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So a few (maybe several) weeks ago I met this girl on a different forum, we exchanged kik usernames and began talking. I found out she was anorexic and she was going into treatment. She is now in treatment and I can't stop thinking about her. Before she went into treatment, me and her had long conversations about everything. I mean we really vibed. She even told me where she lived, and she said she doesn't trust people like that.

She is a vegetarian like me. Well she is a vegan but the treatment place won't allow her to be a vegan while shes there. Shes blonde, and I'm very much attracted to blondes. She has curly hair also. She literally looks like Penny Lane from Almost Famous, NO LIE.

Anyways, now that shes in treatment I only talk to her for a couple minutes a night, because she isn't allowed to be on the internet or her phone for too long. I'm afraid she will stop talking to me, so I'm contemplating whether or not I should tell her my feelings for her. It's only been a couple months and maybe I'm a hopeless romantic, though I don't usually act like this. Its just, girls like her are so hard to find. She kind, genuine, shes not racist (no disrespect to anyone, but my last relationship was a very abusive relationship and the guy was a total racist), and she believes in a lot of the crazy "hippie dippie" stuff that I believe in. I don't want to creep her out either, or stress her out. I don't know what to do. Any advice?

PS. Reading back on this post, it sounds like the girl is catfishing me, like she sounds too good to be true. But she isn't, we had video conversations on kik also. :slight_smile: I saw her face, she saw mine. She said my name on video, same, etc. Lol okay sorry needed to clear that up.

#1 RayMarieS, Nov 4, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why would she quit talking to you permanently because she isn't allowed a lot of internet time? I don't know what catfishing is (still lol) but it sounds to me like it's going fine. No need to jump the gun. I'm just glad to hear she's in treatment and seems to be responding well to it, because anorexia can be such an insidious condition.

#2 Argentwing, Nov 4, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  3. Milkyway13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    anorexia is awful, and you should supoort her as much you can, but i think if you either tell her after trwatments gone well, or after shes pulled thorugh, it would be easier fo both of you, rather than pouring out your feelings to her whiles shes in a very vulnerable position

4. DinelodiiGitli

Support is what she needs.
    She needs to know that things will get better. I agree with Milkyway13, definitely wait until she's in a better place recovery wise. Eating disorders really mess with your mental health, sometimes you say things you don't mean or can't think straight.

5. RayMarieS

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks for the help everyone, I decided to wait and see where we go. I tried flirting with her a little bit and is seemed like she was blind to it or like not okay with it. So she might not even like me or care for me. :/ I'm still going to support the shit out of her, because she is an awesome person and I want to see her get better regardless. :slight_smile: Peace & Love <3