1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's France like?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Secrets5, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

So I'd like to go France on a gap year, but was wondering what France was like in terms of LGBT*? [might find a relationship over there and since people look at looks before the person, they'll assume I'm homosexual]

Thank-you.

2. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In Paris, you should feel comfortable for the most part, it is a very open minded place. Thats not to say there are no pockets of intolerance, as there is in anywhere. I go frequently and never sense concern or negativity from others. I can not speak for the rest of France however.

3. NamelessUnicorn

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As a french person, I think than in large cities people are open-minded. I personnally live in a small city in the north-west and here too, people are tolerant for the most part. However, I don't know how it's like everywhere. That being said, I have to admit that people are really not educated about the queer community. Most people consider that you can only be straight or gay, so you might face some incomprehension. But France is a great place to live, and mentallities are progressing really fast :slight_smile: