1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Conor53, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Conor53

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I have very strong feelings for another guy at college. Unfortunetaly he's straight. He knows how I feel and it's caused us to grow apart. I'm finding it almost impossible to get over him or to fall for someone different. Could use advice :help:

2. Conor53

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm going to elaborate. I'm sorry if my first post here sounds really long and pathetic but I think I should be as honest as possible if I'm looking for advice.

The whole thing has made me really depressed and lonely. I'm shy and socially anxious so I don't have many friends who I can turn to and the guy in question either doesn't care or doesn't understand because on the few times I've talked to him about it he's been really harsh and I've felt like crying (did once). I guess I tend toward demisexual because I can't seem to forget about him and move on. I suppose it's more than a crush. Ugh, I feel like such a loser.

3. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    First of all, you're not a loser! Don't ever think that. :slight_smile:

Unfortunately a lot of us have been there, it's difficult when you fall for someone who's straight. I hate to say it but you might have to consider keeping your distance from him for a while. It might seem impossible now but your feelings for him will eventually die down. :slight_smile:

As for social anxiety, is there a counselor at the college that you could talk to? It would help you tremendously to overcome it.

4. Conor53

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thanks for the help :slight_smile: I've just begun to stay away from him and the first few days have been hard since I care for him and don't want him to think that I don't want his friendship. I'm going to stick with it though since I guess it's my only option.

5. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It doesn't have to be forever, in time everything will be okay! Trust me, I've been there myself. :slight_smile: