1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Name Calling and Gestures in School?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by alrightyeet, Nov 10, 2015.

1. alrightyeet

alrightyeet Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So I have this problem in school:dry: (I am fifteen and go to a girls-only school)

I have my friend group which consists of four, Charli, Mya, Hannah and me. Charli and Mya were friends with a group of bitchy girls before they became good friends with us.
    The 'ringleader' of this group is named Lisa and she quite frankly hates our friend group because she feels we 'took' Charli and Mya from her (very childish I know).
    All four of us are very affectionate people (Me and Mya both being bisexual) and often refer to one another as girlfriends, and walk around in twos.

Lisa recently walked over to where my group (and one or two other girls) sit. She called us names including 'scissor sisters' and 'queers'. :icon_sad:

We all took offense (especially Mya and I), but we knew she was just being stupid and childish and we even laughed it off a little.

Later on there was a verbal fight outside by the picnic benches round the back of our school. Many girls from my year were there, and my group was one of the many gathered round to see what was going on. Lisa was one of the girls arguing but she gestured over to us as we approached and many heads turned to look at us. Some of the many dickheads in my year shrieked 'scissor sisters!' and made gestures as we walked over, but they were distracted again as the argument resumed.

In the hallways after lunch lots of girls from Lisa's group said things like 'snip snip' and made little scissor gestures. (Its an all-girls school, so there are many people who are incredibly bitchy).

The gestures and name calling has gone on for two days, and I don't know what to do about it. I don't want to say things back as I don't want to cause further conflict but I don't want to just let them pick on us. (And don't say I should report them to a teacher because that would make it so much worse). What should I do?

2. Ally Girl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    To be honest I dunno what you can do, but you are right to not have a go at them, dont drop to their level, and since you dont want to go to a teacher (which in my experience either did nothing or made things worse), just dont let it bother you, hope you and your friends are ok

3. MeepMoop

teachers aren't there for nothing, ya know

4. alrightyeet

alrightyeet Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thank you <3

---------- Post added 10th Nov 2015 at 05:46 PM ----------

As I said, telling a teacher would make them worse and make us look like we can't handle them ourselves to the other girls. :frowning2:

5. redpandaman123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Homophobic behaviour is not taken lightly by teachers and normally can end in suspension
    So dont be worried about telling a teacher

6. littleraven

I'm sorry to hear that you've gone through that. (*hug*)