1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Assignment on gender

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Hawk, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have to do an assignment on beliefs and values and how they shape my identity. One of the identities that I have to explain is gender and how it influences my beliefs and values. I have the paragraph all typed out, but I'm not sure if I should "out myself" this way. I mean it's an online course so I'm doing it through correspondents and no one's going to see this besides my teacher but still...
    I like the way I wrote it, and it sounds good, but I don't know how else I'd be able to express my views on gender otherwise. :confused:
    The other thing is, is it specifically says "gender" not sex. If it said sex, I may have been able to work with that without "outing" myself.

2. littleraven

I think it would depend on what the teacher would allow. If they don't allow personal experience, then don't. If they do allow personal experience in the paper, then it would be cool I think. It would allow the teacher to learn more about you. It's up to you though.

3. Erzulie

As long as the teacher is not someone who is close-minded/not supportive of the LGBT community, I'd say go for it! It will show the teacher that you really put your heart into the assignment. As you said, it's an online course so what can your teacher really do with that information? They can't exactly kick you out of class or out you to anyone else.