1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Labels

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by whynot, Nov 14, 2015.

1. whynot

whynot Guest

these past few days.. i'm leaning more on the thought that i'm gay.. i'm mostly sure about it.. even started posting lots of gay things on tumblr.. anyway.. but then i also realized that i'm not comfortable about referring to myself as a lesbian.. it's not like i'm ashamed.. if anything i have accepted that i'm gay long before i'm sure i'm gay.. if that even make sense.. i haven't come out to anybody at all.. so it's not like i have been called anything offensive.. now i don't know if that's normal.. or maybe there's something wrong with me..

2. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Perhaps it's just the label of "lesbian" that bothers you.

Do you prefer to be referred to as "gay" instead? I feel like gay used as an adjective is a lot softer than "lesbian" used as a noun.

I can't really relate since gay guys don't really have a label that is equivalent to "lesbian." At least, I don't think so.

3. whynot

whynot Guest

i actually prefer to be referred to as gay.. i know it's just a label.. but i'm worried that a part of me.. or at least somewhere in my brain.. i still haven't accepted myself.. that's why i find the term lesbian a bit offensive..