1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weirdness

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Nick F, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Nick F

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am out to no one and I can barely say the words "I'm Gay" to myself which is probably why I havent come out to anyone else yet. But is it normal to feel weird when saying "I'm Gay" even just to yourself?? I have been thinking about this alot lately and it just doesnt seem right when I say it out loud to myself, I know I am gay, I just feel as though I am talking about someone else when I say those words...

2. whynot

whynot Guest

we're actually experiencing almost the same thing.. apparently i'm not comfortable about referring to myself as lesbian.. but i can easily say that i'm gay.. i don't know why.. it's not like being a gay girl is different from being a lesbian.. and it's not even because i'm ashamed about being gay.. because i have accepted it long ago..

3. noname8387

Yes, it was like that for me too, I think it's normal.

4. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It is definitely normal. I actually wouldn't be surprised if the first time you come out to someone, you say everything other than "I'm gay."

The first few times I came out, I said everything from "I'm not straight." to "I'm not into girls." to "I don't swing that way."

Saying simply, "I'm gay" is definitely a process, and you shouldn't rush it nor feel bad if you can't quite say those words yet. You will, one day, when you're comfortable with yourself. :slight_smile:

5. JoshW2365

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It took me a long time to say "I'm gay." It took forever for me to accept it, but saying it is completely different. Anyways.... Take your time, don't rush. You will be able to say it when you are ready. When you do, you will be so proud of yourself.

6. CluelessOne

When I first came out I tried to play it off all cool like I'd told everyone... didn't work but the friend was understanding. I basically rushed it out without thinking too much otherwise I'd overthink it and wind up having not done so. It was scary but in my heart I was ready, even if my head didn't get the memo until after telling him.

7. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's totally normal. Sometimes it takes time to get used to it, even just the words "I'm gay" in regards to yourself, and for yourself to fully accept it. It might sound "wrong" or daunting to you at first, but that's only because it's a big thing to finally express and articulate- but that doesn't invalidate your sexuality at all.

It's completely normal to feel this way, I promise. If you want, practice saying it to yourself in front of the mirror when you're alone at home. Eventually, it'll feel better to you. Good luck (*hug*)